2013 iron bowl

86'Sugar bowl

Auburn looked very impressive vs bama ,with their tempo. Cbj is all about tempo right?Marshall ,Payne and mason very good at what they did. I think Dobbs,Hurd and kamara very comparable if not better plus our receivers are head and shoulders above theirs . imo our entire defense has more speed and experience than auburn in 13'. I realize that is 2 years ago,but just think about it? I'm not scared of bamer or lil Nicky satan!

You are saying we have comparable talent that the 2013 BCS National Title runner-up had?

We are better than we have been, but we are not on that level yet (proven).

Reactions: 6 people
Love what Butch is doing, but Malzahn is in another league when it comes to offenses. That being said that AU team was really lucky, and the talent gap between the 2015 Vols and them isn't much.

Reactions: 6 people
You are saying we have comparable talent that the 2013 BCS National Title runner-up had?

Give the 2015 Vols Cam Newton at QB and we're playoff contenders. Give the 2015 Vols two miracle wins against better teams and we win 11 regular season easily, IMO.

Coaching and luck are something that we are due. Can't force luck but coaching we have,It's there just want to see cbj step on throttle

One thing that Auburn team had was a top 5 draft pick at offensive tackle. And the rest of their line was extremely talented.

Love what Butch is doing, but Malzahn is in another league when it comes to offenses. That being said that AU team was really lucky, and the talent gap between the 2015 Vols and them isn't much.

Talent makes a team. A well executed, slash and grind , speed option offense with talent on the line and at the skill positions will be hard to stop. And the ORANGE SWARM that's got a nose for the ball. SEC better ne getting ready, I know we'll be ready. GO VOLS!

Marshall vs Dobbs ? I take Dobbs everyday just as athletic, better arm, smarter. Why not Dobbs ? I was talking skills players :)

Talent-wise, we are equal to better in 11 of the 12 games this year...and we're closing the gap on Bama. Do I expect 11 wins this season? No. But 9-3 is doable and should be expected. It's time!

Marshall vs Dobbs ? I take Dobbs everyday just as athletic, better arm, smarter. Why not Dobbs ? I was talking skills players :)

Marshall was certainly more proven than Dobbs is at this point. Saying otherwise is just being disingenuous. He may have a stellar year, but imo is not a reality that this team has as much proven talent as that team did. We're getting close, but I will disagree we are there right now.

Reactions: 1 person
If we lose 6 games, I will have to stay off Volnation until the fall. The meltdown would endure winter, spring, and summer. I am very excited about this season but I understand that winning 11 games would mean more SEC wins than we had in the last 3 years combined. The expectations for a team that has won 17 overall games in 3 years are through the rough.
I still believe 8 to 9 is the goal. Next year is when we should be beating our chest for 11 wins and comparing ourselves to National Championship runner ups. Beat Florida along with 9 total wins, counting the bowl game, and I will join the chest beating next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Crap on it, I'll call it now. We're beating bama in Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a big Auburn fan, my kids went there. And I think this UT team is better at every position than the 13' AU team. OL being the only exception but skill
positions its not even close.

I'm a big Auburn fan, my kids went there. And I think this UT team is better at every position than the 13' AU team. OL being the only exception but skill
positions its not even close.

Stopped reading halfway through the first sentence.

Reactions: 5 people

I'll Chime in..
Tennessee has never lost every SEC game in a season. Think about that as you ponder this:

Auburn's victory's in 2012 were to the following teams:

ULM Warhawks 31-28 OT

49 days later, they beat the Aggies (of New Mexico State) 42-7

Then beat the Alabama A&M Bulldogs a few weeks later.

THATS IT. Lost EVERY SEC GAME.

Played in the National Championship game in 2013.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it for a while...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'll Chime in..
Tennessee has never lost every SEC game in a season. Think about that as you ponder this:

Auburn's victory's in 2012 were to the following teams:

ULM Warhawks 31-28 OT

49 days later, they beat the Aggies (of New Mexico State) 42-7

Then beat the Alabama A&M Bulldogs a few weeks later.

THATS IT. Lost EVERY SEC GAME.

Played in the National Championship game in 2013.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it for a while...

You realize you didn't actually prove anything, right? Plus you forgot one major change that happened that offseason for Auburn.

I think we all agree that Team 119 looks to be very talented. I believe the Vols have almost/have removed the "talent gap" relative to the rest of the SEC which is momentus. Nevertheless, I always think about General Neyland's Maxim #1 - The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Having said that, I think there is a scenario where the Vols could beat bama and still lose several games even though one would think that beating bama means beating everybody else, too, but that doesn't always happen. To be fair, the six SEC game stretch in seven weeks beginning with the swamp lizards and ending with uscjr is a gauntlet.

Also, I think a Team can beat a more talented group of individuals like Team #117 beat uscjr ranked 10/11, depending upon the polls at the time.

If the Vols play as a Team, maintain the hunger that I think they have, reduce the number of penalties, and stay ahead on the turnover ratio, I just don't want to allow myself to think where this might lead.

You realize you didn't actually prove anything, right? Plus you forgot one major change that happened that offseason for Auburn.

Wasn't trying to prove anything. Just making the point that you can't predict what will happen in an upcoming year based on anything. It's wide open.

Unless you can say that in August of 2013 you saw the "change" (don't know what you are referring to) that happened in Auburn and predicted them to be in the National Championship game.

I promise you, whatever that change was NOBODY predicted that unless it was some nutjob on an Auburn message board that predicts it every year. NOBODY.

Wasn't trying to prove anything. Just making the point that you can't predict what will happen in an upcoming year based on anything. It's wide open.

Unless you can say that in August of 2013 you saw the "change" (don't know what you are referring to) that happened in Auburn and predicted them to be in the National Championship game.

I promise you, whatever that change was NOBODY predicted that unless it was some nutjob on an Auburn message board that predicts it every year. NOBODY.

You seriously don't know what change happened at Auburn between 2012 and 2013?

Auburn had talent all over the field in 12.....they had an absolultely terrible coach who wasnt being carried anymore by Cam and Malzhan. In 13, Malzhan got his guy at QB that brought everything else together. The 13 team was very talented and to suggest we have more talent on this team...at this point... is a bit ridiculous. But JMO

Dont think anyone predicted a NC shot, but many thought they would be very good with Malzhan coming back. They got some breaks and help along the way, but most teams do that get to the title game......cough....stoerner....cough.....cough

VN Store

Back