Don't look now (Nike)

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
1. Men don't listen. You looked. :)

2. Men talk about clothes just as much as women do, and you know it. And these threads are proof! (OK, maybe not, but some.)

3. No three, but two isn't really a good number for a list.

I was impressed with the attention given to the color. If you go by the comments in the video, that was a major part of the process. Remember the black uniforms for the USCjr Halloween game and the orange on the jersey didn't match the orange pants? That was so bad. But the game was awesome!!

I'm glad the players seem happy. I don't know what all it might translate to in the long run, but at the end of the day, it's just a uniform our players to wear. Our opinion doesn't matter a whole lot. It's college athletics, and we're fortunate we get to watch them play. (Oh, I know, we pay this money for tickets, and this money for donations, and blah blah blah, but we do it cause we love it. Don't kid yourself.)

Reactions: 11 people
In fairness, I think we pulled the trigger on the black jerseys only a few days before the game.

I like the jerseys and the subtle differences, but this "celebration" is a little overkill in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
In fairness, I think we pulled the trigger on the black jerseys only a few days before the game.

I like the jerseys and the subtle differences, but this "celebration" is a little overkill in my opinion.

Agreed about the black.

I havent been this excited for UT football in a while. The unis look great. I even like the gray helmet with the smokey mtn outline. Now we just need to win.

I remember the surprise of it, and we punched them in the mouth, and it was a great win. As for the shade of the Orange being wrong never noticed. Just thought this is awesome. I've got 100 shades of Orange in my house and I call them all TENNESSEE ORANGE.... And the worse part is my game jersey is by addidas.... It's been said that that's not even the true color.....Go forth and WIN. GO VOLS!

I havent been this excited for UT football in a while. The unis look great. I even like the gray helmet with the smokey mtn outline. Now we just need to win.

The smoky mountains thing on the helmet was crazy! I really didn't think I would like a "gimmick" kind of thing like that, but it is such a personal thing if you're a Tennessee fan. I like it a lot.

Reactions: 2 people
Where we have been the last few years, there isnt a celebration too big that would be overkill IMO

I'm pretty sure Tennessee fans are the only ones who watched it too. (It's not like it was televised somewhere.) Nobody else gives a damn. This was just for us, imo.

I remember the surprise of it, and we punched them in the mouth, and it was a great win. As for the shade of the Orange being wrong never noticed. Just thought this is awesome. I've got 100 shades of Orange in my house and I call them all TENNESSEE ORANGE.... And the worse part is my game jersey is by addidas.... It's been said that that's not even the true color.....Go forth and WIN. GO VOLS!

My son gave me an Adidas jersey with the number 14 on it, and my name on the back, for Mother's Day last year. You better believe I will still be wearing it to games this year.

Reactions: 2 people
1. Men don't listen. You looked. :)

2. Men talk about clothes just as much as women do, and you know it. And these threads are proof! (OK, maybe not, but some.)

3. No three, but two isn't really a good number for a list.

I was impressed with the attention given to the color. If you go by the comments in the video, that was a major part of the process. Remember the black uniforms for the USCjr Halloween game and the orange on the jersey didn't match the orange pants? That was so bad. But the game was awesome!!

I'm glad the players seem happy. I don't know what all it might translate to in the long run, but at the end of the day, it's just a uniform our players to wear. Our opinion doesn't matter a whole lot. It's college athletics, and we're fortunate we get to watch them play. (Oh, I know, we pay this money for tickets, and this money for donations, and blah blah blah, but we do it cause we love it. Don't kid yourself.)

More than anything else I think it helps turn the page on our bad years, we may not win Championships this year of next Im glad they seem to be in our rear view mirror.

and I love Nike clothes and shoes>>> adidas never seem to fit correctly....

Reactions: 1 person
My son gave me an Adidas jersey with the number 14 on it, and my name on the back, for Mother's Day last year. You better believe I will still be wearing it to games this year.

That's awesome.

I like the commitment Nike made to ensure the players had the best gear and that there would be sufficient fan gear as well. I'm looking forward to finally finding some Tennessee gear north of the Mason Dixon Line.

I'm just excited about the season ! I wouldn't be any less excited if we were still with adidas. At the end of the day it's about money and recruiting, and this deal helps with both.

VN Store

Back