S.I.A.P... No I'm Not!

Every time I hear that mans voice I get chill bumps... I didn't know they had TV announcers for the 1st 15 years of my life... Thank you Dad for that...

Reactions: 10 people
I had never thought about it until that video......a nuclear explosion does sort of form a Power T.

Atomic Bombs love us!!

Reactions: 1 person
Every time I hear that mans voice I get chill bumps... I didn't know they had TV announcers for the 1st 15 years of my life... Thank you Dad for that...

Wish I could give you more than one like for this!!:hi:

Reactions: 2 people

If I could have that audio again, I bet I would listen to the broadcast a whole lot more, and yell at the stupid TV announcers a whole lot less. :question: :loco:

Gave me cold chills!!! Ran into John Ward at Ingles one day. I told him what his broadcasts meant to me growing up. I was so star struck I forgot to get my wife to take my picture with him using my cellphone. Still kicking myself over it!!! I would've framed it and put it up on the wall. Oh well...

Great audio recording of Ward. He was a little before my time, but still a icon in his own right in my mind.

The Voice...... I still have the NC shirt ....going out on top..... Keith Jackson talked him into retirement .... Said lets both retire the same year... Then Jackson punked out.... Give Him Six.... For BB... Bottom.... I still like his Natural gas spots.

Those that know, just know... I wish my son could listen to him like I was able to...

They just don't make 'em like that anymore. My son is a fan, but doesn't have the appreciation of having to "watch"
the games on the radio like a lot of us did. John was the absolute best.

They just don't make 'em like that anymore. My son is a fan, but doesn't have the appreciation of having to "watch"
the games on the radio like a lot of us did. John was the absolute best.

When I was real young,radio was about the only way to know about the game... Then as they started showing more and more games on TV, we would mute the TV and listen to John Ward and Bill Anderson... I miss those days... 1998 was a bittersweet year for sure... My avi is my son, my self and my dad(who taught me the ways of UT football) at the end of the USC game in Neyland 2 years ago when CBJ was leading the POTSB... The only thing missing to make that day more special would be listening to John Ward calling the game...

Last edited:
When I was real young,radio was about the only way to know about the game... Then as they started showing more and more games on TV, we would mute the TV and listen to John Ward and Bill Anderson... I miss those days... 1998 was a bittersweet year for sure... My avi is my son, my self and my dad(who taught me the ways of UT football) at the end of the USC game in Neyland 2 years ago when CBJ was leading the POTSB... The only thing missing to make that day more special would be listening to John Ward calling the game...

I'm right there with you. It is these very things that create VFL's

I was on Tempe in 98 call watching us win it.Other than my children being born it was of my lifes most memorable moments.Still get cold chills thinking about it.But right after the game in a moment of reflection I was a little sad because I realized he had called his last game.

VN Store

Back