Question for VFL34...

FïreBall

GoVols!
While we are waiting for the Nike unveil.. I read a comment from the man VFL34.. and automatically started thinking about that Florida game.. oh yes.. it was awesome watching Travis that day. So this is my question for you Mr. VFL34.. Tell us what it was like that day in Florida for you? When you burst through those holes and defenders was bouncing off you.. I would love to hear you tell about the thoughts you had at those moments.

https://youtu.be/wht4FXgshoA

Reactions: 14 people
For those not in the know... VFL34 is Travis Stephens and OP is talking about the 2001 Florida game where Stephens took the gators behind the woodshed.

Reactions: 1 person
While we are waiting for the Nike unveil.. I read a comment from the man VFL34.. and automatically started thinking about that Florida game.. oh yes.. it was awesome watching Travis that day. So this is my question for you Mr. VFL34.. Tell us what it was like that day in Florida for you? When you burst through those holes and defenders was bouncing off you.. I would love to hear you tell about the thoughts you had at those moments.

https://youtu.be/wht4FXgshoA
Win. Win. and win. What started it all was when someone from the crowd said something very racial and derogatory to me, and I pointed at them and just said ok, it's game time. It was a complete team effort. It is like autopilot. When plays go as planned your just following your lead blocks, and when your a determined individual as I was, In my mind I was not gonna let one person pull me down. The two collided and thanks to my team we had a great game and won.

Reactions: 174 people
Win. Win. and win. What started it all was when someone from the crowd said something very racial and derogatory to me, and I pointed at them and just said ok, it's game time. It was a complete team effort. It is like autopilot. When plays go as planned your just following your lead blocks, and when your a determined individual as I was, In my mind I was not gonna let one person pull me down. The two collided and thanks to my team we had a great game and won.

I remember that game very well. That was probably one of my favorite games of all time. I also remember you running the ball on Florida State and carrying half of the defenders on your back on several runs.. was amazing to watch.

Thank you for the reply!

Travis thanks for sharing that, that was one of my best memories of Vol Football and will never forget I will be telling my grand kids one day, as I know you will..

Everything started clicking. Fulmer ripped into us and big john ripped into us at halftime and it got us very rowdy to get back out and play the second half. I'll tell you, when you see a 2-6 hole or a 1-5 hole open it is beautiful, especially when all you see is a safety there to truck.

Reactions: 68 people

By a score of 34-32.

You had their number in more ways than one.

Reactions: 2 people
Everything started clicking. Fulmer ripped into us and big john ripped into us at halftime and it got us very rowdy to get back out and play the second half. I'll tell you, when you see a 2-6 hole or a 1-5 hole open it is beautiful, especially when all you see is a safety there to truck.

Bad. Ass.

Reactions: 4 people

I hope our whole team is called derogatory, racist names this year's game by Gator fans.

I just hope we stick a collective shoe up their collective rear this year. I HATE losing to Floriduh.

Those moments are indescribable to be honest. There is 90,000 people shouting but it is quiet. When you have a lot of experience it is all tuned out.. In the moment all u see is backyard football. For the first few minutes of the game the crowd can get to but then it's tuned out. Running 10 yards you feel like you ran 25 yards. Running 5 yards feels like running 15.

Reactions: 32 people
Thanks for the memories, Travis.

Not many Vols are thought of as highly as you, and for good reason. You, sir, are a legend.

Reactions: 6 people

Some gator fan made a race comment to you? I had no idea about any of this... I thought you just went off.

Still my favorite Tennessee game; still my Volnation avatar!

I hope our whole team is called derogatory, racist names this year's game by Gator fans.

I hope not.

But I do hope we play like the vols played that day, every single Saturday.

Travis, I was young but that game is my favorite game of all time. Thank you for being such a huge part of it.

Reactions: 10 people
On one particular play I thought I fumbled out of bounds in our endzone and I am so happy replay wasn't allowed back then.

Reactions: 21 people
VFL34 have you gone and talked to team 119 and how are you feeling about this year coming up and thoughts a out Butch?

On one particular play I thought I fumbled out of bounds in our endzone and I am so happy replay wasn't allowed back then.

Wait, is this for real? You are really THE Travis Stephens?

What do you predict our win/loss to be this season?

Travis could not be stopped that day. My favorite play was the 60 yard run I believe in the 4th when he trucked many Gator defenders. Casey was flawless too. It was an all out perfect effort.

Watching you personally carry the team on your back was unbelievable, and in the process sending Steve Superior to the NFL. Easily one of my favorite UT memories. I cannot thank you enough for the hard work and sweat I know you put in to make that a reality. We Volunteer Fans Salute You!

Reactions: 3 people
Had the pleasure of watching Travis run the ball in high school and knowing him pretty well. Really nice guy. I sit beside him in Algebra class, and he used to give me his recruiting letters to read.

I also talked to him about that Florida game a few weeks after. I sold him a TV for his mom at an electronics store I worked at, and we sit and talked about the game for a while. Pretty sure I hooked him up with a good deal on that TV after that Beast of a performance against the Gators.

Hope everything is good Travis!

Reactions: 14 people

VN Store

Back