Butch Jones, you are the man

VolAllen

I want to say thank you, as well as give others on here a platform, to say thank you for making Tennessee football exciting again. Thank you for recruiting the best players in the nation. I'm so glad I don't have to see Jalen Hurd in an Alabama uniform running all over our defense. I'm so glad I don't have to watch Derek Barnett or Shy Tuttle in a UGA uniform destroy our offensive line and eat our QB alive. Thank you for bringing Nike to Rocky Top and making an offseason tolerable. Thank you for working 24/7 for my Vols and embracing all of our beautiful traditions. Thank you for finally shutting up Steve Spurrier. Thank you for making our season last until January again. Thank you for giving your all to Tennessee.

I have never been more proud of my Tennessee Volunteers. This year will be great, family. GBO!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 94 people
This is the first of many "Butch Jones Appreciation" threads we'll see over the next 18 months, IMO.

Reactions: 9 people
I wouldn't trade him with anyone in the world. Never thought I'd say that when we first hired him. We struck gold with him

Reactions: 5 people
His connection to the players and fanbase is incredible. The PR and Marketing dept for Athletics deserves some praise as well. The thing that I love about it all is that it seems to be a joint effort between everyone in the Athletic Dept, not just football. Social media, production, design, women's sports and other men's sports are all getting in on the action. It's contagious and I love it.

Reactions: 1 person
His connection to the players and fanbase is incredible. The PR and Marketing dept for Athletics deserves some praise as well. The thing that I love about it all is that it seems to be a joint effort between everyone in the Athletic Dept, not just football. Social media, production, design, women's sports and other men's sports are all getting in on the action. It's contagious and I love it.

Very much agree. Don't think I've ever seen the school this unified. Its quite refreshing to say the least.

Love Butch as well, but didn't the vilified "Bama Dave" have something if not more to do with Nike coming to Rocky Top?

Reactions: 2 people

It really amazing the character he is and has. I just hope he can win. I'm still a little bit scared that maybe he won't be able to win us the big games similar to mark richt . But I think he will. I think by the end of the year and from then on, we will be the team to beat. And will be fighting Alabama for the sec for years to come. I think he's just "that guy" . I said it's great to be a Tennessee Vol

Take a moment and feel that tightness, that is how I felt about UT Football every year, but this time instead hoping and praying, I am excited, anxious, and glad the respect is back in Big Orange Country. I wish I lived in Knoxville, but I will represent the Power T in Colorado!!

Go Team 119!

Reactions: 5 people
Let's beat some teams who matter before we crown his ass. But yes he is doing a hell of a job recruiting and the excitement is there.

Reactions: 7 people
Far to early for me. He's done well so far in most aspects of the job, but his bottomline is to win games and bring championships to Tennessee. Whenever he's done that, i'll consider him "the man" and thank him till the sun goes down.

That's my coaches replacement, they call him Swaggy B.

Attachments

• Tocrying[1].gif
    Tocrying[1].gif
    637.5 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Far to early for me. He's done well so far in most aspects of the job, but his bottomline is to win games and bring championships to Tennessee. Whenever he's done that, i'll consider him "the man" and thank him till the sun goes down.

One aspect that will always ring true is the wins and losses. However, that applies to ALL teams, my point is we have depth and talent and for the first time in 10 years, I feel we have a very good chance to win >8 games. Expectations and actual results are two different things, we have a very good team that could be great. So, noone is annoiting anyone, but CBJ has been the best thing to happen to UT in a long time and I think it's perfectly ok to have high expectations on what we know today.

Go Vols!

Hey, thanks Coach. Glad you're here and nobody and I do mean NOBODY is pulling for you anymore than me. Keep up the good work. Just keep stacking them bricks and W's.

I want to say thank you, as well as give others on here a platform, to say thank you for making Tennessee football exciting again. Thank you for recruiting the best players in the nation. I'm so glad I don't have to see Jalen Hurd in an Alabama uniform running all over our defense. I'm so glad I don't have to watch Derek Barnett or Shy Tuttle in a UGA uniform destroy our offensive line and eat our QB alive. Thank you for bringing Nike to Rocky Top and making an offseason tolerable. Thank you for working 24/7 for my Vols and embracing all of our beautiful traditions. Thank you for finally shutting up Steve Spurrier. Thank you for making our season last until January again. Thank you for giving your all to Tennessee.

I have never been more proud of my Tennessee Volunteers. This year will be great, family. GBO!!!!!
^^
I teared up reading this, couldn't have said it better myself....

GBO!!!

It does hurt watching Vonn Bell in Scarlet and Gray as well as Jalen Ramsey in Seminole red. Good point about how that hurts )or could have hurt with Hurd, Shy, DB.)

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back