7th grader is it to early?

Yes it is. But for some reason a greater number of kids are maturing faster from a physical stand point. However, to get hype so early in a career does nothing but hurt the mental development of a player.

I'm not huge a fan of it. Let the kids explore and not get tied into one path so early.

Well the kid just finished 8th grade, going into 9th. Hes not a 7th grader.

And btw, Tennessee is his favorite school. It was even before the offer.

4_3567980.jpg

Owen Pappoe, Grayson, Outside Linebacker

Reactions: 3 people
Leave no stone unturned. If his family is supportive of UT's attention, why would I have a problem with it?

Yes. Too early.

"For his age".

I always take a big step back when I hear that. Because it doesn't last. He won't be a freak, "for his age", when he is 18. 20. 25.

So when you say that, you are basically saying that he will continue to progress as an athlete faster than the other kids his age.

It just doesn't work like that 99% of the time.

Not if ur a alaBUBBA FAN and its ur cousin! ROFL 😂 tried to put that cartoon man I seem on here that rolls around and laugh but I don't have it on my phone yet prolly gonna be on the new IPHONE but I don't have it yet that little dude that laughs and hits the floor cracks me up ever time LOL

GBO VFL

This is COOL and hale.. I will be 67 years old when he comes here...

The school Pappoe likes best so far is Tennessee, which has recruited him as long as any program and invited him to Knoxville to check out the campus and attend several camps in the past year. Pappoe's father is adamant that his son must take academics seriously in high school and college, so he was pleased to learn on one visit to Tennessee that the school's starting quarterback is pursuing a degree in aerospace engineering.

"The other thing was how he was treated when he was at Tennessee," Lorenzo Pappoe said. "It was like a family. The way they accepted him, took him around and took good care of him while he was up there, I felt like this was a place my son could go to school. I believed that the coaches out there and the staff that I dealt with would notify me if something went wrong. They wouldn't hide something from me just because they wanted a football player on the field."

Last edited:
No, if a child does not have ties to a program by the time he is in the 7th grade, then anything could happen. Always start early, if only to ensure he knows what could be out there for him, as long as he handles the academic aspect of the process. This child is on the right track. Find the right private school that would put him on scholarship.

Kid's too young to even have a clue where he wants to play and hopefully graduate from, complete waste of time and effort. Study him and keep up with his progress, but anything can happen in 5 years. Just the sound of that, "recruiting class of 2020", is an absurd thought at this point.

VN Store

Back