Athlon's all Freshman Team

Lovinggood is not on the list so it's garbage list.

Don't forget about ole Kyle Phillips

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think we'll end up with more than just two players making the All-Freshman team. I believe we have a handful of players that have an excellent chance at making the team. In no particular order here is my list of our Top 10 most likely freshman players to make the team.

1. Kahlil McKenzie - I'm 100% positive he'll make the team assuming he stays healthy.
2. Dillon Bates-Either Bates or Kirkland will for sure make it too. It all just depends on which player gets the starting job.
3. Darrin Kirkland Jr.
4. Preston Williams
5. Shy Tuttle
6. Kyle Phillips
7. Drew Richmond
8. Micah Abernathy
9. Jack Jones
10. Tommy Townsend

Reactions: 1 person
1. Kahlil McKenzie - all-sec level player right off the bat
2. Austin Smith - will have a Todd Kelly Jr. like impact as Maggit's backup to the LEO position.
3. Drew Richmond - day 1 starter. Michael Oher type impact as a freshmen.

Is Bates going to see significant playing time? I am confused.....

BTW, I hope so. Especially in light of the hype surrounding his recruitment, ability and name.

YES I KNOW HE WAS INJURED LAST SEASON!

Is Bates going to see significant playing time? I am confused.....

BTW, I hope so. Especially in light of the hype surrounding his recruitment, ability and name.

YES I KNOW HE WAS INJURED LAST SEASON!

If he is anything like his dad then he will be a special teams standout and get plenty of reps on the defensive side.

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 139
Lovingood is a Redshirt. Fail.

Lovingood is in fact a true freshman, not a redshirt.

On top of which, the article is about all freshmen; the author explicitly states that redshirts are included.

So if it's possible to be 200% wrong, you just nailed it.

Reactions: 3 people
Lovingood is in fact a true freshman, not a redshirt.

On top of which, the article is about all freshmen; the author explicitly states that redshirts are included.

So if it's possible to be 200% wrong, you just nailed it.

Actually, I think your post is 200% wrong because you didn't understand what he was saying. He was not saying that Lovingood is a redshirt freshman or that this list doesn't include redshirt freshmen. He was saying that Lovingood is GOING TO REDSHIRT THIS YEAR because we already have a seasoned longsnapper. Therefore he will not be playing this year. Therefore he will not make the all-freshman team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Actually, I think your post is a fail because you didn't understand what he was saying. He was not saying that Lovingood is a redshirt freshman or that this list doesn't include redshirt freshmen. He was saying that Lovingood is GOING TO REDSHIRT THIS YEAR because we already have a seasoned longsnapper. Therefore he will not be playing this year. Therefore he will not make the all-freshman team.

Ah, I see. You believe he meant to say that Lovingood will be a redshirt.

I tend to think people say what they mean, and mean what they say. But you could absolutely be right about his intentions.

Ah, I see. You believe he meant to say that Lovingood will be a redshirt.

I tend to think people say what they mean, and mean what they say. But you could absolutely be right about his intentions.

I read it as Lovingood will redshirt and not the way you read it.

Giampapa is our LS this yr and I do believe he's a RS SR on scholarship too. Lovingood redshirts unless Giampapa gets injured. Even then coaches might try and spare his redshirt, as he is an almost sure 4-year guy.

Is Kyle Phillips a RS candidate? The talent we already have coming off the end is unreal even without him. That may be their reasoning for not having him on the list otherwise he would have made 2nd or 3rd Team at least.

Is Kyle Phillips a RS candidate? The talent we already have coming off the end is unreal even without him. That may be their reasoning for not having him on the list otherwise he would have made 2nd or 3rd Team at least.

I don't think he's a redshirt candidate. With the way he impressed and moved up the recruiting rankings towards the end of the evaluation process, I wouldn't be surprised for him to be a Barnett 2.0. But with all the depth at the position, I can understand why he was left off the list.

VN Store

Back