Atlanta - Tennessee vs Alabama

Coug

Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 7h7 hours ago
It's gonna be a rematch in Atlanta, but it's gonna be Alabama-Tennessee.

Reactions: 10 people
Sallee has obviously bought some stock within the last few months in Tennessee football...........guy has been obsessed with our program

Reactions: 5 people
It's good to hear people outside of Tennessee believing in the program again, but this is a little premature. I just want to beat (well everyone, but realistically) Florida, SC, Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou, plus 3 of the 4 non-conf games. Anything after that is gravy.

Reactions: 1 person
It's really hard to imagine that UT & Bama haven't met in the SEC CG. When the divisions were formed you had to think the Roy Kramer envisioned rematches between UT/Bama, UF/LSU, & UGA/Auburn...none of which have happened.

Reactions: 7 people
Oh gawd please no, we are not at their level yet. They have an 8 game win streak on us now. This could easily push it to 10 which means they would enter 2016 with the chance to match the longest win streak in UT history.

It would be nice to double up on Bama...maybe they still make the playoffs and third time the charmer

CBJ has a pretty good record coming off a bye week, and that would be 2 games against them with an extra week to prepare.

It's good to hear people outside of Tennessee believing in the program again, but this is a little premature. I just want to beat (well everyone, but realistically) Florida, SC, Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou, plus 3 of the 4 non-conf games. Anything after that is gravy.

I understand the brake pump and all. But aren't the nature of almost all predictions "premature".

It's really hard to imagine that UT & Bama haven't met in the SEC CG. When the divisions were formed you had to think the Roy Kramer envisioned rematches between UT/Bama, UF/LSU, & UGA/Auburn...none of which have happened.

I think so. That is crazy, especially UF / LSU. But the statistical nature of the season head to head makes it much less likely.

I understand the brake pump and all. But aren't the nature of almost all predictions "premature".
Yes, but there's a prediction, and a totally wild a** guess that has no basis in fact.

While I want to be optimistic, this is a little too much. I prefer to be like CBJ and take it one step at a time. Let's make sure we dominate Bowling Green.

I just want to dump the old "Tennessee doesn't do well when they're favored." I got tired of every time the experts picked UT to win they lost. That was the only thing with Fulmer I didn't like and it continued with Fooley. So UT is expected to beat UF they better beat them because they're the better team. I think OU is a toss up tho.

Tn is going to Bama and win and then go into the SECCG and whip they azz.

One can hope

Oh gawd please no, we are not at their level yet. They have an 8 game win streak on us now. This could easily push it to 10 which means they would enter 2016 with the chance to match the longest win streak in UT history.

We need to drop them. No need to put you through this. Perhaps we can join the ACC and avoid unneeded losses totally.

Reactions: 4 people
While I love the hype, I think we're still a year away from Atlanta. Hope I'm wrong.

There is a guy at the gym I go to that is a diehard Bama fan that wear Bama gear just like I wear UT gear. He came over and wanted to talk football. I was shocked at how much he followed UT football. He said he loved seeing UT on the rise and getting stocked with talent to where we used to be. I thought he was just messing with me but he was telling me he wasn't the typical Bama fan. He wanted to Bama/UT games to mean something again. He seemed to agree with the Sallee that the SECCG would be Bams/UT and couldn't wait to see it.

I told him that I thought our record would improve this year but we were still a year away from competing for the SECCG.

Wow I didnt realize that. Very surprising indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange View Post
While I love the hype, I think we're still a year away from Atlanta. Hope I'm wrong.

There is a guy at the gym I go to that is a diehard Bama fan that wear Bama gear just like I wear UT gear. He came over and wanted to talk football. I was shocked at how much he followed UT football. He said he loved seeing UT on the rise and getting stocked with talent to where we used to be. I thought he was just messing with me but he was telling me he wasn't the typical Bama fan. He wanted to Bama/UT games to mean something again. He seemed to agree with the Sallee that the SECCG would be Bams/UT and couldn't wait to see it.

I told him that I thought our record would improve this year but we were still a year away from competing for the SECCG.

What if you and bamer friend are mistaken, and it's a UT-Aub matchup? At least the reg season Bama/UT game should be a very good one for him, I hope.

We had 0 yds rushing against Ole Miss last year, and we're gonna win the world this year. I'm one of the biggest sunshine pumpers around here. There's plenty of reason to expect improvement. To think we're anything but a long shot to win the east is too far of a reach for me though. Any thing can happen, but we have too many unanswered questions right now. Lot to prove on the field and sideline,

Reactions: 2 people
We had 0 yds rushing against Ole Miss last year, and we're gonna win the world this year. I'm one of the biggest sunshine pumpers around here. There's plenty of reason to expect improvement. To think we're anything but a long shot to win the east is too far of a reach for me though. Any thing can happen, but we have too many unanswered questions right now. Lot to prove on the field and sideline,

Virtually every preseason publication disagrees with you. Their consensus, as it is with most contributors to this forum, is an 8-4 or 9-3 regular season, with a 2nd place finish in the SEC East and a final regular season ranking of, roughly, 14th-22nd. So, "anything but a long shot to win the east" is an overly pessimistic attitude.

That sounds like an old-school Alabama fan. Traditionalist 'bama supporters respect the Tennessee-Alabama rivalry. 'tis the Johnny-come-lately, bandwagon Tide fans that are positively insufferable.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back