Derek Barnett Named Best DL

BEAST!

BlaringUnrulyEasternglasslizard.gif

barnettscsack.gif

w640xh480_USPW_519542.jpg

derek-barnett.png

Reactions: 6 people
Don't remember who I was talking to on here about that play against USC but I now agree that what O'Brien did looked intentional however, Thompson still was way too dramatic.lol

Reactions: 2 people
I said in an earlier post that Scherff had good hands, feet and good technique. But with all those tools, he still had to HOLD Barnett a lot that day....#9 is a stud.:thumbsup:

Scherff held DB on just about every play it seemed like when watching the game.

Scherff held DB on just about every play it seemed like when watching the game.

I've watched that game several times, and you're correct. It wasn't literally every time, but it was a lot.

Well I can't argue against that. Barnett is a straight up stud that has future All-American (maybe even as early as this year), and future Top 10 NFL draft choice written all over him. We're extremely luck Barnett and O'Briens actions didn't cost us that USC game. If Thompson wouldn't of had the most obvious flop, followed up by that seizure looking shake at the end while he was still on the ground, I think the refs would of flagged us.

Well I can't argue against that. Barnett is a straight up stud that has future All-American (maybe even as early as this year), and future Top 10 NFL draft choice written all over him. We're extremely luck Barnett and O'Briens actions didn't cost us that USC game. If Thompson wouldn't of had the most obvious flop, followed up by that seizure looking shake at the end while he was still on the ground, I think the refs would of flagged us.

He should have been flagged for that atrocious flop.

Agree that it could have been flagged, BUT O'Brien had both arms extended, to me in hindsight it appears he was simply protecting his knees from the spinning QB. Either way, our 2015 DL is gonna be flat out nasty, if mama is on the field wearing other teams jersey, mama gets mugged and leaves on a stretcher. Me likey!

Agree that it could have been flagged, BUT O'Brien had both arms extended, to me in hindsight it appears he was simply protecting his knees from the spinning QB. Either way, our 2015 DL is gonna be flat out nasty, if mama is on the field wearing other teams jersey, mama gets mugged and leaves on a stretcher. Me likey!

I think you saw that with orange colored glasses. - I like it.

I think you saw that with orange colored glasses. - I like it.

Perfectly legit view...if that had been done to Dobbs and we complained? Plenty on this board would've said. "Good football play"...the O'Brien portion was way overblown by their fanbase.

VN Store

Back