What game would you pick

dblutfan

This year for my birthday my wife told me to pick which game I wanted to see in Knoxville and we would make a weekend trip. There are three that I'm really interested in seeing....Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia.
If you could only pick one which one would you pick and why? I am really leaning toward Oklahoma.

This year for my birthday my wife told me to pick which game I wanted to see in Knoxville and we would make a weekend trip. There are three that I'm really interested in seeing....Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia.
If you could only pick one which one would you pick and why? I am really leaning toward Oklahoma.

I would say Georgia, but Oklahoma isnt a bad choice.

Georgia because it's a division rivalry, and the last 2 games against them have been sooo close, this one will be huge.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm only getting to one this year...it will be the Home Opener against Oklahoma...

THAT would be my reco to you, as well...

Reactions: 1 person
My wife is a dawg fan, and I live in Georgia. Our anniversary is close to the game, so we're gonna try to make that one.

Of all the games at Neyland in the last 10 years or so, the one i wish i could have been there for the most is 09 against Georgia. The team and fans jumping and screaming at the end of the 3rd quarter just looked special.

Reactions: 3 people
We are probably more likely to beat Georgia or Arkansas so I might choice one of those. Then again might not have another chance to see us play Oklahoma in Neyland.

Georgia. Crowd should be electric. Both teams should be ranked. Could be a possible Game Day. Could decide the east.

We are probably more likely to beat Georgia or Arkansas so I might choice one of those. Then again might not have another chance to see us play Oklahoma in Neyland.

Good thinking, Creeker. I'd go to Oklahoma or Arkansas. As Creeker said, Oklahoma may not visit Neyland again for many years, and ostensibly Arkansas won't for another 12 years (next game 6 years from now should be at their place).

Dblut, take Okla or Arky this year, and try to talk her into Florida in 2016 and Georgia in 2017. :)

Oh, plus Va Tech in 2016 at Bristol, of course. :good!:

Last edited:

For some reason I really feel like we are going to beat Oklahoma this year. If we do I think it's going to set the tone for the rest of the season. Thats why I have been leaning toward Oklahoma. I can't go wrong regardless of which one I pick.

Last edited:
One of the best Neyland trips I have ever had was the 06 Cal game. So I might lean toward the Oklahoma game. Idk just something about those big ooc games early in the season. And being the home opener of this heavily anticipated season, there will be plenty of buzz in the place. You really can't go wrong though. Those are all going to be big games

I have season tickets so I am almost at every home game but, I would go to the Georgia game if i had a choice

Oklahoma. Home opener. "Coming out game" "statement game" at night. The atmosphere will rival some of the best ever in Neyland

OU... After the azz whipping we're gonna give 'me this year they will never want to come back.

Tough choice. Oklahoma would be my pick. When will they ever come back? Big name program, with a lot on the line, early in the year. Getting this W will show we are legit, and start the wrecking ball busting thru the rest of the schedule, with bad intentions. There is talk of Checker Boarding that game,they did stripe for us last year. Yep definitely , the Sooner game. But then again it's always nice to see a W against an SEC team, it just counts more. Tell her you will take the CHOICE of both as long as she throws in a trip to gainsville. GO VOLS!

Oklahoma is going to be an insane weekend/game. Gotta make it up for that.

Plus, if you go ahead and say "that's the one" that still gives you the rest of the season to convince her (or beg) to go to another!

I feel like if we beat Oklahoma at 6PM in prime time with the entire nation watching it'll be one of those games people will talk about for years.

I feel like if we beat Oklahoma at 6PM in prime time with the entire nation watching it'll be one of those games people will talk about for years.

Exactly this! I unfortunately had to let my backup take a vacation the week of this game at work and am torn up I cannot make it now. Had 18 boats coming up with us and now we cant go. Wife not so happy lol but it is what it is.

It would not even be close for me given recent history and hype for this game. It will be rockin! My second favorite home game of all time was Cal in 06 and I imagine this game to be a very similar atmosphere!

Last edited:
That is a very hard choice. I am in the same boat for other reasons and went with the OU game. However, if we beat OU and look really strong all the way up to the UGA game, that would be the game to see as it may determine if we go to Atlanta. Either way, there are a lot worse decisions to make.

Plus, if you go ahead and say "that's the one" that still gives you the rest of the season to convince her (or beg) to go to another!

^ Good thinking...:rock: That's what I would do.

Oklahoma. Trying to think of a reason that hasn't already been stated. I'm old - for me, as a little kid, I remember the disappointment of Karl Kremser missing a game winning field goal in the '68 orange bowl.

For all you kiddies out there, it used to be very special to make it to a bowl. You could count them the number on your hands.

OU was beating the crap out of UT and UT made a comeback with a couple of interceptions. Karl Kremser shanked a 43 yarder with little time left. Lined up right down the middle. Soccer style (that used to be a big deal too, not many - now they all are).

Revenge. Plus what everyone else has said. OOC opponents bring a fan base that doesn't have a clue what they are stepping into. Someone mentioned CAL in '06. Perfect example.

Kickoff time is perfect - Assuming it's a sunny day, still early enough so that the temps will be upper 80s - low 90s during the day and drop off into the 70s around kick. Fans will be on fire for the home opener. Probably a checkerboard in the stadium (thank you OU, we borrowed that from you). It'll be the first time the team doing the Maxim's will be piped up on the jumbotron - a little history there (I was there the first time they ran through the T, so don't mess with me!). Also, teams are close in talent. Should go down to the wire. It'll set the tone for the Florida game.

Or you could come watch Mark Richt later.

Thanks for the advise. Had not thought of it that way. OU it is! Now to start working on that honey do list and maybe get her to agree to the Georgia game:)

I dont know about this year, but my birthday is September 26 and its not a home game, but all i wont is Tennessee to put azz whipping on the gators in the swamp, which we will.:bottom:

VN Store

Back