Im going out on a limb here...

Other_Guy

foolishFool
And say the player who will be closest to making all american or 1st one, or whatever won't be Maggit... Barnett... Dobbs... Sutton...
I've got a really good feeling about Medley not having a soph slump. Im not saying biggest impact or most important player, but I think he is going to be special beforr his time is done...
Lord knows I will be roasted if he stinks it up... but there's something about this kid.

Hail the offseason.

Reactions: 2 people
And say the player who will be closest to making all american or 1st one, or whatever won't be Maggit... Barnett... Dobbs... Sutton...
I've got a really good feeling about Medley not having a soph slump. Im not saying biggest impact or most important player, but I think he is going to be special beforr his time is done...
Lord knows I will be roasted regardless... but there's something about this kid.

Hail the offseason.

fyp.

And Go Medley btw.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm hoping the days are gone where we don't have to tout our KICKER as our MVP. Just me going out even farther on that limb...

He had as good a season as you could expect from a freshman but hopefully we won't have to kick as many field goals from inside the red zone this year. 19 of Medley's 20 fg's were of 39 yards or less. He had some touchbacks on kickoffs vs Kentucky which we do need more of.

I'm hoping the days are gone where we don't have to tout our KICKER as our MVP. Just me going out even farther on that limb...

Yes! But i dont think that's the case, just that he will be one of the best kickers out there.

I hope he has some more of those bombs like he hit in the O&W game left in him.

Back in my day the Big O was the top in Kicking. From Neil Clabo to the Colquits. Then we had Fuad Reviez, Alan Duncan etc. Tennessee had prime time kickers! It's time evolve back to all phases of the game. George Cafego was old school in the world of Tennessee kickers. He was during my time! :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people

Games WILL be won or lost because of the kicking game. We shouldn't diminish the importance of our kickers. We should have some good ones over the next few years.

Back in my day the Big O was the top in Kicking. From Neil Clabo to the Colquits. Then we had Fuad Reviez, Alan Duncan etc. Tennessee had prime time kickers! It's time evolve back to all phases of the game. George Cafego was old school in the world of Tennessee kickers. He was during my time! :clapping:

He just punted (as far as kicking - to go with throwing and running ) tho, correct?

Lord knows I will be roasted if he stinks it up... but there's something about this kid.

Hail the offseason.

If you're wrong, I can promise you no one will remember this thread or care what you predicted.

That's a nice bold prediction, Other_Guy, I like it as a long-shot possibility. I'm with you in thinking Medley will be Colquittesque for us over the next few years.

But I'm gonna have to go with Kristy on this...we might have more than one All-American this year, if the Vols have a breakout season.

Go Vols!

That's a nice bold prediction, Other_Guy, I like it as a long-shot possibility. I'm with you in thinking Medley will be Colquittesque for us over the next few years.

But I'm gonna have to go with Kristy on this...we might have more than one All-American this year, if the Vols have a breakout season.

Go Vols!

Or Leavertonlike...:)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyL1doFRJ7s (what a save)

Last edited:

Indeed! George Cafego was a large part of what made UT great, not near enough credit goes to George Cafego's contribution to UT football and it's kicking game.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm going out on a limb and stating we will be in the SEC Championship this year (as long as we don't have any major injuries). Book it and then check my stats in after the season.

Medley has the leg to consistently make 50-55 yard kicks or even occasional 60 yarder. If he can just work on his accuracy, he can end up being one hell of a weapon for us. If we could've consistently depended on a kicker to hit 50 yarders last year, we probably could have been 8-4.

If you're wrong, I can promise you no one will remember this thread or care what you predicted.

I've seen some pretty old random threads get revived.

But I was mostly just saying I know people are thinking "don't jinx hom".

Why don't you contribute to the point of the thread?

Medley has the leg to consistently make 50-55 yard kicks or even occasional 60 yarder. If he can just work on his accuracy, he can end up being one hell of a weapon for us. If we could've consistently depended on a kicker to hit 50 yarders last year, we probably could have been 8-4.

I'm not really sure which games he would havemade a difference in... did he miss some vs UF or UGA? Most games I dont he didn't make a negative impact. But he was money from short range so he was still reliable, so I find this a bit nit picking.

VN Store

Back