I Have An Inner Rumbling

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
that this is a 10 win season.......before the bowl game. There, I said it. I have felt it for some time and have been reluctant to give it voice. I suppose its like the ole joke about Tennessee fans having battered wife syndrome, sadly I can dig it. For years I have been like Fox Mulder and wanted to believe, but until now I just could not allow myself to completely buy in. I bought into Lane and look how that turned out. I bought into Dooley and he was a joke. I bought into Butch, but my mind keeps telling me we are still a year away. Nevertheless, I am endeavoring to toss caution to the wind and boldly predict an 11 win season for the Vols when it is all said and done. I do think that the Barn wins the Natty.

Reactions: 23 people
that this is a 10 win season.......before the bowl game. There, I said it.

Hehe, man, don't feel too bad about that rumbling. The beauty of college football is, there's just no telling. Even if we are 100% back, completely on our game, talent-rich, revved up and rocking, we could have anywhere between a 9-4 and 15-0 season.

That's just college football. A game played by teams full of 18-24 year old men whose mental and emotional stability is about as settled as nitro glycerin, where any conceivable thing (and a few inconceivable ones) will happen on any given Saturday across the nation.

So don't feel bad thinking this might be a 10 or even 11 win season, it might! It also might not, but that's ok, that's college football.

The only rule: from this point on, every year is a potential championship year for the Vols. :good!:

Reactions: 19 people
that this is a 10 win season.......before the bowl game. There, I said it. I have felt it for some time and have been reluctant to give it voice. I suppose its like the ole joke about Tennessee fans having battered wife syndrome, sadly I can dig it. For years I have been like Fox Mulder and wanted to believe, but until now I just could not allow myself to completely buy in. I bought into Lane and look how that turned out. I bought into Dooley and he was a joke. I bought into Butch, but my mind keeps telling me we are still a year away. Nevertheless, I am endeavoring to toss caution to the wind and boldly predict an 11 win season for the Vols when it is all said and done. I do think that the Barn wins the Natty.

Haven't seen your posts in a while rex. Good to see you back! :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
So seriously, every time you have had one of these rumblings, you have been wrong? You may be able to make some money betting against your own feelings?

The best medical advise for this ailment is: take a daily does of VolNation for 10 weeks and 15 minutes, and it will be Kickoff Time in Ten-nessee !

I like the enthusiasm....it's a breath of fresh air. MUCH better then dribbling on about something that happened 1-2 years ago that didn't go our way.

Good Post!

Reactions: 2 people
Hehe, man, don't feel too bad about that rumbling. The beauty of college football is, there's just no telling. Even if we are 100% back, completely on our game, talent-rich, revved up and rocking, we could have anywhere between a 9-4 and 15-0 season.

That's just college football. A game played by teams full of 18-24 year old men whose mental and emotional stability is about as settled as nitro glycerin, where any conceivable thing (and a few inconceivable ones) will happen on any given Saturday across the nation.

So don't feel bad thinking this might be a 10 or even 11 win season, it might! It also might not, but that's ok, that's college football.

The only rule: from this point on, every year is a potential championship year for the Vols. :good!:

Wise, wise words.

Reactions: 3 people
IMHO, it all boils down to OT and DT. If we top-tier SEC play out of those guys, the sky is truly the limit.

Rexvol is alive!

How've you been, man? I hope all is well in your world.

Reactions: 1 person
k2-_21369deb-2076-466a-b730-b405c29b8e4e.v1.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back