A Gator cool story bro....

NEVolFan

Ima dude playing a dude..
Waiting for my Credit Union to open this morning in Montana, up walks a lanky fellow wearing a Gator tee. So, I asks him why are you wearing a gator shirt and not a Vols shirt. He smiles and says cause he spent 4 years at Fla. Tells me he played in Neyland a couple times and was on the receiving end of a few of the Old Ball Coach's passes.

Told him that was cool... I did not ask his name... but we talked UT ball, and he runs through the drill; Phil ran the program down, Kiffin screwed it more, and Dooley tried to finish it off. No arguments, but I told him we are coming back.

So, that is my cool story... not sure who he was, he added that he summers here and winters in Fla.

I know the drill.... Cool story bro...:dance:

Reactions: 5 people
Waiting for my Credit Union to open this morning in Montana, up walks a lanky fellow wearing a Gator tee. So, I asks him why are you wearing a gator shirt and not a Vols shirt. He smiles and says cause he spent 4 years at Fla. Tells me he played in Neyland a couple times and was on the receiving end of a few of the Old Ball Coach's passes.

Told him that was cool... I did not ask his name... but we talked UT ball, and he runs through the drill; Phil ran the program down, Kiffin screwed it more, and Dooley tried to finish it off. No arguments, but I told him we are coming back.

So, that is my cool story... not sure who he was, he added that he summers here and winters in Fla.

He was just a dude playing......... NM

Seriously tho, how were you not curious enough to ask his name?

Reactions: 3 people

If he was on the receiving end of the old ball coaches passes at Florida, then he must of been there in the late 60's.....

Did he ask you if you wanted your order supersized?

Reactions: 6 people
New England Vol Fan meeting a Spurrier WR in MT and sparing his life. This should be sufficient to break the gayter hex!

Winchester Phil saw his shadow and so we will have 10 plus consecutive seasons of pummeling Florida!!!

Reactions: 1 person

Screw the Gators and credit union the union I was with took me out of 100$$ I had and I go in there and they say you haven't been here in two months so your $$ is OURS i had to come down before I torea that sh*t to the ground I was even wearin my AL WILSON JERSEY so u kno that would have gotten real messy I'd of knocked that manager back to his kindergarten days and have him beggin for his mamaw to breast feed him bc that's how WE DO IT it's all big govt screw them ALL. Man I'm so ready for some football we're gonna win more games than they think especially against the east. I bet that guy did more then catch "FOOTBALLS" from the Old Balls Coach! LOL

GBO VFL

Screw the Gators and credit union the union I was with took me out of 100$$ I had and I go in there and they say you haven't been here in two months so your $$ is OURS i had to come down before I torea that sh*t to the ground I was even wearin my AL WILSON JERSEY so u kno that would have gotten real messy I'd of knocked that manager back to his kindergarten days and have him beggin for his mamaw to breast feed him bc that's how WE DO IT it's all big govt screw them ALL. Man I'm so ready for some football we're gonna win more games than they think especially against the east. I bet that guy did more then catch "FOOTBALLS" from the Old Balls Coach! LOL

GBO VFL
:huh:

...lanky fellow wearing a Gator tee...he spent 4 years at Fla...he played in Neyland a couple times and was on the receiving end of a few of the Old Ball Coach's passes....

Don't think we played the gators during St eve's college days.

Yeah, Spurrier played the 1964, 1965, and 1966 seasons for the Gators (he was a freshman in 1963, and sat out in accordance with the NCAA rules of the time).

Tennessee last played Florida in 1955 prior to Spurrier's arrival (that's 9 years prior to his first game) ... and next played Florida 3 years after he left, in 1969.

So, conclusions:

#1 -- This guy never caught a few of Spurrier's catches in Neyland Stadium, because Spurrier never played there.

#2 -- This fellow never played "in Neyland a couple of times" if he was ever on the same team as Spurrier. Even if he was a (non-playing) freshman in Spurrier's senior year, 1966, he would've been a senior himself in 1969 ... so, at most, would've played at Neyland once. And this interpretation means that the only place he "was on the receiving end of a few Spurrier passes" was on the practice field.

Seeming like a very Cool Story Bro from here....

:)

Reactions: 3 people

GBO VFL

I want to take a camera around and film a documentary of your life. I cannot decide if Youtube or WorldStar is the better fit for the film.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, Spurrier played the 1964, 1965, and 1966 seasons for the Gators (he was a freshman in 1963, and sat out in accordance with the NCAA rules of the time).

Tennessee last played Florida in 1955 prior to Spurrier's arrival (that's 9 years prior to his first game) ... and next played Florida 3 years after he left, in 1969.

So, conclusions:

#1 -- This guy never caught a few of Spurrier's catches in Neyland Stadium, because Spurrier never played there.

#2 -- This fellow never played "in Neyland a couple of times" if he was ever on the same team as Spurrier. Even if he was a (non-playing) freshman in Spurrier's senior year, 1966, he would've been a senior himself in 1969 ... so, at most, would've played at Neyland once. And this interpretation means that the only place he "was on the receiving end of a few Spurrier passes" was on the practice field.

Seeming like a very Cool Story Bro from here....

:)

Boom. Case Closed! Shut tight like a clam baking!

Encyclopedia Brown :)

The story just said he played in Neyland and was on the end of an Ol' Ball Coach's passes. He could have played for anyone and been hit on by an old ball coach. Was he at Penn State?

VN Store

Back