Power-T Talk: Season Two, Episode One: We're Back

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Hey guys, it's been awhile since we've done a podcast and 005 and I decided to bring it back to kick off season two. We discuss everything going on with the Vols in football and basketball, the Nike switch, the Lady Vols controversy, and other stuff.

So this is a 90 minute podcast. The first 60 minutes is all Vol stuff. The last 30 is about pro sports because we just kept going and were having a lot of fun. So we understand if you skip the last 30 but we wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Here is the link: Season 2, Episode 1 06/26 by VolNation Power T Talk | Sports Podcasts

We are also on iTunes at VolNation's Power-T Talk and the new episode should be up any moment.

Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy!

Reactions: 9 people
Thanks, y'all. We'll keep em coming!

Haven't decided yet if we'll continue to do other sports talk at the end of these episodes, or do separate ones for that. We shall see.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for putting out a quality podcast about Vol football. I will be listening.

Just want to say that my thoughts about the Lady Vols situation ---

It has to do with CONTRACT agreements. Too much WORK, for 2 different types of "brands". I think Adidas was able to do it with the way their contracts were set up already and how their company works.

Even though you call Oklahoma State, the Cowgirls, they don't have a specific "LOGO" for it that I know of.

I think that's the main difference. Nike is trying to get less for more if that makes sense.

About the DeBord hire:

The reality is that Butch doesn't have a large pool to hire from. It was a clutch hire IMO. It's like when Manziel decided to live with his old highschool coach.

I think we Vol fans will be disappointed.

About the DeBord hire:

The reality is that Butch doesn't have a large pool to hire from. It was a clutch hire IMO. It's like when Manziel decided to live with his old highschool coach.

I think we Vol fans will be disappointed.

So I take it from your multiple posts in multiple threads you're not on board with Debord.

We get it so now you can sthu

Reactions: 1 person
I do agree that his OL experience at the very least, assures no steps backwards. At best, a large step forward. It will be Jones plays being called.
Either way, in the end, I feel an OCs primary job is to pick the right play for the right down,yardage and point in the game. Probably why they are often referred to as the play caller. Now if he is going to excel or struggle with this in the modern SEC??? No clue. Same as Dougie D.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back