Running Back Duo per Athlon Sports

11 years since we finished in the top half of the SEC in rushing..........let that sink in everybody.

Reactions: 4 people
I would like to know the percentage of players suspended in their first year with a program for behavioral/team rules violations go on to finish their career with no further violations.

I would like to know the percentage of players suspended in their first year with a program for behavioral/team rules violations go on to finish their career with no further violations.

Did Cam Newton?

Reactions: 3 people
11 years since we finished in the top half of the SEC in rushing..........let that sink in everybody.

I'd bet a Taiwanese hooker plus a one eyed, three legged dog that we will finish in the top half this year. It shouldn't be all that hard to do even with just an average OL considering we will have Dobbs, Hurd, and Kamara to get the job done. If we don't finish in the top half, then something has terribly went wrong and the "Fire Butch" threads will be bountiful.

Reactions: 2 people
I am hoping that the O comes out firing and sets the pace every game from the first series. Last year (besides the bowl game) it seemed like we waited to see what the defense was going to do for a few series or even a quarter and then tried to play to that. Hopefully this year we make the first move and keep the opposing D on their heels.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah we have been horrendous. The last decade has not been traditional Tennessee football. I want to return to the days of being able to pound the rock. That"s really Tennessee football.

I'd bet a Taiwanese hooker plus a one eyed, three legged dog that we will finish in the top half this year. It shouldn't be all that hard to do even with just an average OL considering we will have Dobbs, Hurd, and Kamara to get the job done. If we don't finish in the top half, then something has terribly went wrong and the "Fire Butch" threads will be bountiful.

A Taiwanese hooker now that's intriguing.

Reactions: 4 people
Am anxious to see how the run game goes. Kamara should be a real weapon. We know what Hurd can do. Hurd tries to make his own hole. Kamara should be thru the hole before anyone sees him. Lane always kinda danced around searching for a hole that maybe wasn't there a lot. I just hope the line steps up this year, because the potential is there to make some noise. Someone stated yesterday about the fact we are looking at several choices at RB when someone needs a rest etc. We are getting some good pieces in place. Should be fun.

Reactions: 3 people
Assuming we have minimal/no injuries this year:
Below Average Oline = similar to last year maybe 1ish more win
Average Oline production = Win the East
Above average Oline = In contention for SEC/Playoffs

Assuming we have minimal/no injuries this year:
Below Average Oline = similar to last year maybe 1ish more win
Average Oline production = Win the East
Above average Oline = In contention for SEC/Playoffs
Based on our DL kids, any of our OL that can show up and start opening game after being able to last practicing against them, should not be classed as average.

Reactions: 2 people

Watching the VOLS over the last 10 years, I've been amazed at how our backs (not including Jalen here) have looked good up until the line of scrimmage. That little black line they superimpose on TV - was it just me, or did it seem like our guys tripped over that dang thing?

And watching other backs - Yeldon, Latimore, Chubb, Henry.. I'd think - dang..

I remember the Travis's, Cobb, Webb, Lewis, Foster..etc.
It's been a while.

I don't think we will be tripping over the black line as much this season!

I can't help but think the whole college football world will know about our running game this year. These guys are gonna rock.

VN Store

Back