Crompton playing on espn2

Titans4Vols

Crompton has actually had a successful start to his CFL career.

Took over in relief for the team's(Montreal Alouettes) previous starting QB, and took the team from a 1-7 start before he took over to a 9-9 finish, making the playoffs, winning a playoff game before losing in the eastern finals, entrenching him as their starting QB.

CFL starts it's season tonight on ESPN2. Game is starting now.

Reactions: 13 people
Crompton had it rough at Tennessee. He was here when we started the deep decent. I would get very angry watching him play his junior and half of his senior year. CLK managed to fix Crompton and just in time for him to have a chance to play more football.

Does anyone know how he views his experience at Tennessee? He didn't seem to have a friend in the world until he shredded Georgia. I hope he looks past that but hard to blame someone holding onto it after getting death threats as 20 year old.

I hope he keeps going strong in the CFL. Would love to have a Kurt Warner type story in a few years. Now that is highly unlikely to happen for Crompton but it would be amazing on many levels!

Reactions: 4 people
Crompton got hurt and is out for the game. His backup, Dan LeFevour(Played for Butch Jones at CMU) just got hurt, looks like a concussion. Now it's up to Brandon Bridge(he played some against us for South Alabama back in 2013), their 3rd stringer, to lead their team.

Kinda funny how all their QBs are at least slightly connected to us.

Reactions: 2 people
I always like JC. He was kind enough to play those Madden EA videa games with my son when he was staying at Gibbs/baseball camp.

How did he get hurt?

Always liked Jonathan and wish him a very successful career. Over the years, there have been many Vols who have given their all for Tennessee when Tennessee didn't give their all to them, whether because of bad coaching, coaching changes, or high and mighty fans who didn't know the full story of what the player had to contend with. I do think JC got good coaching from CLK. What a delight the 2009 beatdown of Georgia was I certainly enjoyed Crompton et.al. tricking the OBC on Halloween.

Reactions: 2 people
I bet if we were to revisit old threads, 75% of volnation would have been talking trash about the Crompdaddy. Now he's a hero

C'mon, did all y'all REALLY like him when he was here? Lol

I did. But I was always kind of sailing alone on him too. At the '09 Georgia game it felt like I had finally been proven right about him to a lot of people who thought I was dumb for saying he's a good QB.

So happy for the guy. One of the few things Kiffin did right in his time here was turning around Cromptons career.

VN Store

Back