Manning never ceases to amaze.... Truly "the" GOAT

Whatever my gripes about Manning the player, very few compare to him as a human being.

I can't believe Yahoo actually had the audacity to run a story comparing Manning mooning an intern to Jameis Winston's activities.

Reactions: 1 person
Whatever my gripes about Manning the player, very few compare to him as a human being.

I can't believe Yahoo actually had the audacity to run a story comparing Manning mooning an intern to Jameis Winston's activities.

They could not have picked two more different people to compare. I hope their two names are never in the same sentence again.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm proud that Peyton handled it the right way and maybe gave a little bit of comfort to a grieving family.

I'm remember a saying that he said when he was at TN. He said he wanted to be remembered as a real good guy who just happened to play football. Simply put Peyton is a true class act. He represents what truly is a VFL. I just wish that people outside of the TN program could see why Vols fans become Colts fans and then Bronco fans. I remember telling a few of my cousins from up north awhile back that who ever Peyton is playing for that's who I'm pulling for. Its funny that I can open my closet and I have just as many Colts & Broncos shirts and hats as I do TN gear.

Last edited:
Manning may never coach football at the college or pro levels, but he's already taught a lot of people about being classy.

I'm remember a saying that he said when he was at TN. He said he wanted to be remembered as a real good guy who just happen to play football. Simply put Peyton is a true class act. He represents what truly is a VFL. I just wish that people outside of the TN program could see why Vols fans become Colts fans and then Bronco fans. I remember telling a few of my cousins from up north awhile back that who ever Peyton is playing for that's who I'm pulling for. Its funny that I can open my closet and I have just as many Colts & Broncos shirts and hats as I do TN gear.

I have a few friends that are Alabama fans that have a lot of respect for the man Peyton is.

They could not have picked two more different people to compare. I hope their two names are never in the same sentence again.

Really? I hope Winston is able to turn his life around and become a great role model. Likely? Probably not. But I won't hope that a guy can't change. Now, enjoy these boobies! :boobies:

Anyone that has "gripes" about Manning's ability has absolutely no understanding of the game of football.

A class act on and off the field and in the discussion of the greatest QB to ever play the game at any level.

Anyone that has "gripes" about Manning's ability has absolutely no understanding of the game of football.

A class act on and off the field and in the discussion of the greatest QB to ever play the game at any level.

I could not agree more. I actually found someone a few weeks ago that said they are a UT fan, but cannot stand Peyton. My first thought was "not a fan."

But, but, but he pronounced Josh Dobbs' name wrong during the O&W game. :thud:

Seriously...he's a great person and ambassador for UT.

Celebrities and professional athletes are people too even though some of them don't act like it. Peyton is a father and as a parent he could really feel this family's pain. Sometimes doing the smallest things that don't seem like much to us mean a lot to others. Kudos to Peyton for remembering a family in their time of mourning.

I could not agree more. I actually found someone a few weeks ago that said they are a UT fan, but cannot stand Peyton. My first thought was "not a fan."

Its makes you wonder how someone could be a Big Orange fan and not love everything that Peyton has done for TN. I have to agree with you. There's no way you could be a true fan and bleed Orange and not like Peyton. Its like I said earlier in my opinion he's the best to ever play in Knoxville. There's some people who would probably disagree with me on this but i think hes the best to ever play QB college or pro.

Last edited:
Its makes you wonder how someone could be a Big Orange fan and not love everything that Peyton has done for TN. I have to agree with you. There's no way you could be a true fan and bleed Orange and not like Peyton. Its like I said earlier in my opinion he's the best to ever play in Knoxville. There's some people who would probably disagree with me on this but i think hes the best to ever play QB college or pro.

I am totally confused by that also. To me, it has nothing to do with his talent level but everything to do with his VFL status. The contributions, both financial and endorsement wise, are invaluable. To be a fan of UT but not like Peyton is a "biting the hand that feeds you" scenario.

Peyton Manning is a standup guy. He's very generous with every community he has ever lived in-- New Orleans, Knoxville, Indy and Denver. Staying over in Knoxville to spend extra time with the team this week was a great thing to do. He represents UT well.

Payton Manning is probably one of the most respected football players of all time...to everyone.

He also happens to be a very nice, down to earth guy. In 2007 he was in L.A. during the summer, he wanted to practice throwing the ball, so he called USC himself, not his agent or PR guy. Of course, he was invited, this was Payton Freakin' Manning!

"Several years ago, Manning was in Los Angeles in June and wanted to get a workout in, specifically to throw the football. So he called the USC football office and reached Carroll, then coach of the Trojans.

"I asked if his receivers and quarterbacks were throwing that day, and could I come over and join the throwing session because I was getting ready for training camp," Manning recalled Wednesday, saying he intended to throw whatever routes the team had been planning to throw.

Carroll, who wasn't in the office the day of the workout, made sure the red-and-gold carpet was rolled out for Manning, then quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts.

"Coach Carroll had eight receivers, four tight ends, four running backs — all stretched, lathered up and ready to go when I got there," Manning said. "I said, 'What routes do you want to run?' They said, 'No, Coach Carroll said we are going to throw whatever routes you want to run. This was going to be your workout.' That's as good a treatment as you can get for a visitor to a different team."

Although Manning said his college football allegiance is always to Tennessee, his alma mater, "but on that day, Southern Cal helped me out."

The kids were absolutely giddy and star-struck to be on the same field as the great Payton Manning, they reported how nice he was, gave them football tips. They raved that they would never forget the experience that day, for the rest of their lives.

Guess my point is, SC being in L.A., they see celebrity alums, former players and NFL greats all the time on campus, but they were absolutely star struck when Manning walked out on the field. According to them, he could not have been nicer, he took his time with the kids after the session, and they appreciated it!

Vols have much to be proud of, he represents you well.

Reactions: 6 people
My son had the choice of seeing Archie and Payton speak or go to the O&W game....now this was back in the day. He chose Payton,good choice. He also had Tyrone Hines come to his school and talk to them, I asked him what Tyrone was like.... He said ....he is a monster.... I wear #47 for Tyrone and Amsler.....by the way I went to both, glad I didn't hafta choose

VN Store

Back