UT's history on College Gameday: your thoughts?

skasper06

So with all the talk about UT possibly getting a Saturday for college gameday this year, maybe even as early as the season opener against Oklahoma, what do you guys want? Looking at the history of our appearances on gameday, we are 7-11 all time, with the majority of those games played against Florida and only one win against them. Is gameday a little bit of bad luck? Should we even want gameday this year for the national spotlight at any game? If so, which one? Could any away games be possible for CGD? Here's a history of our appearances on CGD.

Tennessee on ESPN College Gameday: A History - Rocky Top Talk

For a long time under Fulmer, the Vols didn't fair so well against ranked opponents. They lived by the Johhny Majors mantra "They remember what you do in November".

Game day is mainly interested in ranked matchups.

Win and they will return. UT plays far too many ranked teams every year to be left out when they're good.

For a long time under Fulmer, the Vols didn't fair so well against ranked opponents. They lived by the Johhny Majors mantra "They remember what you do in November".

Game day is mainly interested in ranked matchups.

We went 45-5 from 1995 to '98. That's not just winning in November.

Reactions: 4 people
Not sure what nationally-relevant games are on tap the day of the UT-UGA game, but if we are undefeated or have one respectable loss, we will have a ton of momentum and both teams should be ranked. That game could decide the East, with potential playoff implications, so I could see Gameday considering coming to Knoxville for UT-UGA.

Yes, being on Game Day affects the outcome of the game. Everyone knows this.

Also, I've noticed that if I'm wearing boxers then Kansas State often seems to win, whereas it apparently also causes it to rain. It's called Magic, duh.

magic.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Vols had much better luck when Game Day was in town when they had better talent than the other team!

As of the date of that article (2012), we were 6-5 in ESPN GameDay games if you took out all the matches with Florida. It's not ESPN GameDay that has had our number over the years.....

Reactions: 1 person
We went 45-5 from 1995 to '98. That's not just winning in November.

He stated GameDay liked ranked match ups. November is the weak part of the schedule with KY and Vandy being November games. We should wins those games

Yes, being on Game Day affects the outcome of the game. Everyone knows this.

Also, I've noticed that if I'm wearing boxers then Kansas State often seems to win, whereas it apparently also causes it to rain. It's called Magic, duh.

magic.gif

Ah yes there law... always nice to hear from you and to have the opportunity to admire your avi.:thumbsup:

If Gameday comes to Knoxville then it has to be a good thing. It just exposes possible future recruits to the UT brand.

Oh good. It's been a Game Day curse vs UF after all. Should be a cakewalk in Gainesville this year then.

VN Store

Back