Rank each 2015 game from easiest to hardest

skasper06

Bleacher Report's Brad Shepard put out his own list, and for the most part I agree with it. But I'd reorder a few...How would you rank the games this season from easiest to hardest?

Here's mine:

12. North Texas
11. Western Carolina
10. Bowling Green
9. Vandy
8. Kentucky
7. South Carolina
6. Florida
5. Mizzou
4. Oklahoma
3. Arkansas
2. Georgia
1. Alabama

Power Ranking Tennessee's 2015 Schedule from Easiest to Toughest | Bleacher Report

12. Wcu
11. North Texas
10. Vandy
9. Bowling Green
8. Kentucky
7. USCe
6. Florida
5. Mizzou
4. Arkansas
3. Oklahoma
2. Georgia
1. Alabama

Reactions: 6 people
Bleacher Report's Brad Shepard put out his own list, and for the most part I agree with it. But I'd reorder a few...How would you rank the games this season from easiest to hardest?

Here's mine:

12. North Texas
11. Western Carolina
10. Bowling Green
9. Vandy
8. Kentucky
7. South Carolina
6. Florida
5. Mizzou
4. Oklahoma
3. Arkansas
2. Georgia
1. Alabama

Power Ranking Tennessee's 2015 Schedule from Easiest to Toughest | Bleacher Report
I'd put BG harder than vandy.

Here's mine:

12. North Texas
11. Western Carolina
10. Bowling Green
9. Vandy
8. Kentucky
7. South Carolina
6. Florida
5. Mizzou
4. Oklahoma
3. Arkansas
2. Georgia
1. Alabama

12. Vandy
11. WCU
10. North Texas
9. BGSU
8. Kentucky
7. Florida
6. USC
5. Oklahoma
4. Arkansas
3. Alabama
2. Mizzou
1. UGA

I know that may seem off to some, but I put UGA and Mizzou the highest because those are division games and Mizzou has had UT's number since joining the SEC. UGA will be the most important game of the year IMO because I believe it will determine the pecking order in the east.

Vandy's not very good, but TN has struggled against them the past few years.

This game will not even be close, the talent level of this years team will be far superior, the anchor has hit the bottom and they will return there as well, where they belong.

Reactions: 2 people
12. Vandy
11. WCU
10. North Texas
9. BGSU
8. Kentucky
7. USC
6. Mizzou
5. Arkansas
4. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
2. Florida
1. UGA

i put florida high b/c if we can't beat beat them when their down then we never will...and we get two weeks to prepare for alabama. To me those two are pretty close even with the talent gap...b/c it is florida! I know...but we haben;t beat them in so long!

mizzou,ok, and arky are so close, but we get arky and oky at home!

usc and kensucky are close as well..OBC selling his soul to the devil to beat us makes them more of a threat then traveling to lexington! Plus we play well on Halloween!

I don't really care about the rest......i just respect them more than candy!

Thankfully we get the dogs at home.

just my two cents and MO

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This game will not even be close, the talent level of this years team will be far superior, the anchor has hit the bottom and they will return there as well, where they belong.

I agree, Vandy will be terrible this year. If you want to make some easy money load up on WKU for the opener

I agree TN will win and by a decent margin. I just think there are a few other games on their schedule they will have an easier time with. That's all.

But they got Derek Mason :)

I don't think of them rank ordered 1 to 12, and I'm not sure it is very informative to try. I think of them in tiers of difficulty:

Tier 1: Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Oklahoma
Tier 2: Florida, Mizzou
Tier 3: South Carolina
Tier 4: Kentucky, Vandy
Tier 5: BGSU, N Texas, W Carolina

And the measure of our strength as a team is the tier at which we're competitive. A few years ago, we were most competitive at Tier 4, that's how far we'd fallen. Last year, obviously, we were at Tier 3. If 2015 is our breakout year, I think we'll be competitive at Tier 1; even if it's not, we might steal a win at that tier.

Anyway, that's how I organize the season in my own head. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I hate Vandy as much as any Vol fan but they are better than BG/N. Texas/and WCU.

12. N. Texas Home
11.BG Neutral
10. WCU Home
9. Vandy Home
8. USC Home
7. Kentucky Away
6. OU Home
5. Florida Away
4. Mizzou Away
3. Arky Home
2. UGA Home
1. Bama Away

Reactions: 1 person
12. WCU
11. North Texas
10. Vandy
9. Bowling Green
8. Kentucky
7. South Carolina
6. Arkansas
5. Oklahoma
4. Missouri
3. Georgia
2. Florida
1. Alabama

I know that a lot of people are on the Arkansas bandwagon, and for good reason for the most part. They have a good running game and an imposing O-Line. However, they really have some big holes to fill on defense that I don't know they can overcome. I really like the Vols in that contest.

12: WCU
11: North Texas
10: Bowling Green
9: Vandy
8: Kentucky
7: Florida
6: South Carolina
5: Mizzou
4: Arkansas
3: Oklahoma
2: Georgia
1: Alabama

Also, no need for anyone to call BG a neutral site game. It's just as much of a home game as it would be at Neyland, just a few hours down the road, like when Arkansas plays in Little Rock.

Also, no need for anyone to call BG a neutral site game. It's just as much of a home game as it would be at Neyland, just a few hours down the road, like when Arkansas plays in Little Rock.

It will be solid with TN fans, but there is still a difference between playing in front of 100+ thousand and 70,000.

12. Vandy
11. WCU
10. North Texas
9. BGSU
8. USCe
7. Florida
6. Mizzou
5. Kentucky
4. Oklahoma
3. Arkansas
2. Alabama
1. UGA

I think UK will be fired up this year and they have a significant surge in 2nd year talent plus a good QB. I see UF and USC as being very weak. UGA is loaded and I think will be a stronger team than Bama this year.

It will be solid with TN fans, but there is still a difference between playing in front of 100+ thousand and 70,000.

True the stadium capacity is smaller, but my point is the crowd will be more than 90% UT fans either way... like an even more lopsided version of the Taxslayer bowl crowd. It will basically be a little smaller home crowd.

VN Store

Back