Most important games........

Volteacher

I was thinking about what games are MUST wins to those games that are non important (Ginnie/garauntee win).

So what games do you think would be the MOST important to win factoring in national ranking, timing, recruiting, national stage, confidence etc.....

1. Oklahoma. ESPN prime time game sets the tone
2. Georgia Home game against SEC east front runner
3. Florida. Change to end skid
4. Arkansas. Up and coming team needs to be beat
5. Alabama Not the end of the world if lost... Expected
6. Missouri End three year skid to two time SEC east champ
7. South Carolina. Should be a winnable game
8. Kentucky. On the road??
9. Candy Uhhhhh got nothing
10. Bowling Green. First game of the year
11. North Texas. Don't know
12. Western Carolina. Better win by 50+

Florida- Streak and to establish that the direction of the program is real.

Mizzou- No excuses any more. UT is the better team and time to make things "right" in this series.

Arkansas- The "Who Hired the Better Coach" Bowl needs to go to Jones for legitimacy.

Reactions: 10 people
They're all important in different ways, yea Floriduh, needs to be a W to end the skid and to show were legit n changing course

Georgia, well in all honesty these coulda n shoulda been W's the past 2 years, just a factor of luck didn't go our way on a couple if plays.

Bama, needs to be a W cause well it's Bama, need I say more?

Mizzou, 2 time defending SEC east champs..... Dude really? It's time a real SEC school takes back the title...lil brother can go home now, big brother is gettin better.

Arkansas, like said before, who hired the best coach bowl.... Well regardless W or L I still say we have the better coach for our VOLs. But yea it will be a huge national headline n debate due to the rise if the Hogs.

South Carolina, huge for CBJ to remain undefeated against the ole ball coach.

Vandy, ahhh this game is about back to where it use to be, So we need to win n win big to send a message that this game is not a rivalry game for us. This lil brother had it's moment of glory but now it's gone!

Kentucky, we can't overlook em, gotta keep new streak intact n build in it.

Oklahoma, PAYBACK...... Nuff said

The other games well if we blow them, then well were in BIG trouble!! Should be double digit wins by large margins.

But hey that's my 2 cents on the subject.

Reactions: 1 person
I was thinking about what games are MUST wins to those games that are non important (Ginnie/garauntee win).

So what games do you think would be the MOST important to win factoring in national ranking, timing, recruiting, national stage, confidence etc.....

1. Oklahoma. ESPN prime time game sets the tone
2. Georgia Home game against SEC east front runner
3. Florida. Change to end skid
4. Arkansas. Up and coming team needs to be beat
5. Alabama Not the end of the world if lost... Expected
6. Missouri End three year skid to two time SEC east champ
7. South Carolina. Should be a winnable game
8. Kentucky. On the road??
9. Candy Uhhhhh got nothing
10. Bowling Green. First game of the year
11. North Texas. Don't know
12. Western Carolina. Better win by 50+

1. Georgia - SEC contender, big win if you can take it. Georgia is bigtime recruiting ground. Top game.
2. Oklahoma - You win this, the media spotlight will be on you. But then, so will the pressure. Still, it'll be the biggest win at Neyland since ... oh, man, Cal in 2007?
3. Florida - Recrutiing. Streak we need to end.
4. Missouri - Speaking of streaks we need to end, they'll probably be strongly ranked and we need to chow down on that rank.
5. South Carolina - Important we keep the foot on Spurrier's neck and keep our hand in the coastal cookie jar.
6. All the rest, but please oh please, make sure to take care of Vandy and UK.

It's impossible to rank games of importance. In the beginning, every game is important and the magnitude of each game's importance will increase, depending on how our season plays out. If you had to ask me, Oklahoma is the most important. That game sets the bar early.

For those with East division champs aspirations, Georgia is the most important. For Georgia to win the east, they will likely need to sweep the division, since they draw both Alabama and Auburn from the west. Personally, I think Georgia loses both.

Last edited:
For those with East division champs aspirations, Georgia is the most important. For Georgia to win the east, they will likely need to sweep the division, since they draw both Alabama and Auburn from the west. Personally, I think Georgia loses both.

If Georgia loses both of those games and loses to Tn. Mark Richt will be looking for a new job in 2016.

We should beat everyone expect Alabama.

Dude, you're slipping. Wth is wrong with you? Assuming you meant to type except rather than expect, why in the world would we lose to Alabama? We own them, the Patriots and the '85 Bears. What's gotten into you?😁

Last edited:
Dude, you're slipping. Wth is wrong with you? Assuming you meant to type except rather than expect, why in the world would we lose to Alabama? We own them, the Patriots and the '85 Bears. What's gotten into you?😁

Well I think we can beat Alabama as well but I don't know about 12-0 this year. I think we are a year away from undefeated

VN Store

Back