So with bama and fsu

Volsfaninva917

Agreeing to open the season in Atlanta for the 2017 season where does that leave the proposed game with Ga Tech? I know they can play 2 games that weekend as they have in the past but I wouldn't think UT would go for that after the 2012 debacle. Deerpark?????

Agreeing to open the season in Atlanta for the 2017 season where does that leave the proposed game with Ga Tech? I know they can play 2 games that weekend as they have in the past but I wouldn't think UT would go for that after the 2012 debacle. Deerpark?????

Labor Day.

Ok? Im saying I dont think UT would go for playing 2nd fiddle to bama in the same weekend in the same town.

So, if we play on Labor Day as one of the few games being nationally televised that day we'll be playing second fiddle? Okay.

It's fine.

Reactions: 1 person
So, if we play on Labor Day as one of the few games being nationally televised that day we'll be playing second fiddle? Okay.

It's fine.

Ok so Tennessee plays again on Friday night, how many recruits see that one? And they wont play on Monday night, Atlanta Falcons will be getting ready to open their new stadium for the NFL opener that week.

Last edited:
Ok so Tennessee plays again on Friday night, how many recruits see that one?

Labor Day isn't Friday.

Alabama, Florida State to Open 2017 Season in Atlanta

Alabama-Florida State may be the second of two Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games in 2017. Last summer, multiple sources reported that Georgia Tech and Tennessee are close to signing a contract to play on Monday (Labor Day) that season.

Last month, Georgia Tech athletic director Mike Bobinski told the AJC that the matchup vs. Tennessee was close to being finalized.

“All signs are very good,” Bobinski said. “Like everything, I’ll feel better when I see it and we sign it, but I’ve got no indication other than it’s happening and we’re still good to go.”

Ok so Tennessee plays again on Friday night, how many recruits see that one? And they wont play on Monday night, Atlanta Falcons will be getting ready to open their new stadium for the NFL opener that week.

We have no idea if the Falcons will even open the season at home. Dollar bills are dollar bills.

Also, Boise and Virginia Tech opened the year on a Monday night at the Redskins' stadium. It is not that uncommon.

Last edited:
So all the hype is leading up to the bama fsu game then leaves town Sunday. Tennessee vs Ga Tech is the meh game on Monday night, just seems like a bad deal for UT.

Meh? Georgia Tech just won the Orange Bowl. We all think Tennessee is on the rise. How is this a meh game?

Sounds you don't think much of your own team.

Reactions: 4 people
Meh? Georgia Tech just won the Orange Bowl. We all think Tennessee is on the rise. How is this a meh game?

Sounds you don't think much of your own team.

Lets look at the big picture and ill put it as simple as I can for you. The national perspective of these games is going to be FSU vs. Bama is the best game of the weekend, gameday and all that will probably be there. So the UT game wont have the hype and excitement leading up to it on a national level. Now my second point is why would you go play in the same town as one of your biggest rivals on the same weekend whom you havent beaten in almost a decade? Im not putting my team down, I feel like my team gets the short end of the stick everytime it plays in a chick fila sponsored event.

I hope we do play in Atlanta on Labor Day, everybody will probably be watching and talking about it. Why does it matter if Alabama plays there Saturday? I don't understand the complaint here.

I think people DO watch something called "Monday Night Football" If it is a college game, they will still watch. NFL does NOT open Labor Day weekend.

And the problem is what? On this board posters will have you believe that TN will be playing for their second Natty in a row in 2017. So, what game will be second fiddle?

You know what never mind you guys are right UT will be coming off a 16-0 season and bama will be coming off back to back 0-14 seasons and FSU will be on NCAA probation so it wont matter. We are Tennessee and we are better than everyone in the country on our name alone. I would put that in blue font but im on mobile.

Again it wasnt a complaint just an opinion that the chick fil a classic has screwed UT again. Im just afraid that the FSU/Bama match up would take most of the buzz away from UT/Ga Tech.

I don't think it's a thing we need to worry about, Va917. We're gonna be fine. I know I personally watch a lot more than one football game each weekend. And honestly, I don't pay a lot of attention what town most of the games are being held in (except the Vols game, I always know where it is). So two big games in a single weekend isn't at all surprising or worrisome, and neither is them sharing a city.

Think we're gonna be fine, no worries. Plenty of buzz to go around. :)

Last edited:
Who cares if UT plays in Atlanta the same weekend as Bama/FSU?

UT's job is to win the games on the field. You win on the field and the hype/prime TV spots will follow.

You know what never mind you guys are right UT will be coming off a 16-0 season and bama will be coming off back to back 0-14 seasons and FSU will be on NCAA probation so it wont matter. We are Tennessee and we are better than everyone in the country on our name alone. I would put that in blue font but im on mobile.

Again it wasnt a complaint just an opinion that the chick fil a classic has screwed UT again. Im just afraid that the FSU/Bama match up would take most of the buzz away from UT/Ga Tech.

I look at it like this, if we have a successful season this year and next, we will have a lot of buzz going into 2017. I'm sure during the Bama vs FSU game the crew will mention the big game coming up in primetime on LABOR DAY. I don't see it as us getting screwed at all. Saturday night you will probably have 2-4 really big games, would you rather have to compete with those or be playing Monday night as the only game on tv?

Also, I'm sure I'm not in the minority here but i always watch whatever game is on Labor Day anyways.

Lets look at the big picture and ill put it as simple as I can for you. The national perspective of these games is going to be FSU vs. Bama is the best game of the weekend, gameday and all that will probably be there. So the UT game wont have the hype and excitement leading up to it on a national level. Now my second point is why would you go play in the same town as one of your biggest rivals on the same weekend whom you havent beaten in almost a decade? Im not putting my team down, I feel like my team gets the short end of the stick everytime it plays in a chick fila sponsored event.

I think they'll be talking about Bama being nervous since UT is in town and they've won the last 2 games over them. Lot of talk about Saban losing a step, will he go out on his own terms or will the university have to kick him out

I think they'll be talking about Bama being nervous since UT is in town and they've won the last 2 games over them. Lot of talk about Saban losing a step, will he go out on his own terms or will the university have to kick him out

Where are you hearing that? From hopeful UT fans?

VN Store

Back