98 Vols Vs Hogs replay

i was at that game, 12 years old and soaking wet. such a miserable game until that fumble recovery. i don't think i ever want to see it again. go vols.

Sad to say I came to the game with my father and brothers, but the tickets were so expensive and the rain so bad that we went home and watched it on TV. Missed one of the greatest games in UT football history. Was 10 years old. Would have been an even more awesome experience live than just watching it on the tube.

I was there as a student. Big fun! Section D or E row 6ish with a group of friends. That game and the FL game that year are two of the most intense game experiences I have ever had. Hard to put into words and still give it justice.

SEC network tonight at 1 am. FYI for anyone who wants to watch or DVR.

Thanks! DVR is set.
Was at that game. We were just walking into the concourse when we heard the crowd cheer for Stoerner's fumble. Ran back to the nearest seats to watch destiny unfold. Spectacular!

Reactions: 2 people
I was there, it was ****ing magical. Arky biatches taunting my wife and myself right up until the "fumble" then Travis Henry rammed it down their throat! Arky fans were no where to be found after that, celebrated on the strip afterwards with my fellow vol fans. I never gave up hope in that game. I must have gotten half a dozen phone calls from my Florida buddy's telling me I drove 500 miles for nothing.. What a great season!! Thanks for reminding me..

Reactions: 1 person
I was at the game, Wow... what a game!! I know we don't speak of it, 5 Star here... Dominating Talent there.... but LUCK plays a factor. Mr. Luck is my friend and I appreciate him.

I was at the game, Wow... what a game!! I know we don't speak of it, 5 Star here... Dominating Talent there.... but LUCK plays a factor. Mr. Luck is my friend and I appreciate him.

If luck is defined by Billy Ratliff driving Arkansas' AA lineman Burlsworth back into Stoerner causing him to stumble and fumble, then so be it.

I call it a Volunteer putting himself into Tennessee history by making a big time play at a big time moment. After that, Arkansas wanted no part of Travis Henry.

I don't know why so many Vol fans feel like they have to apologize for that play, that game, and that season. They were undefeated National Champions that knew how to make a play when a play was needed.

Reactions: 3 people
I had to listen on the radio. While there may have been no actual pause between "fumble" and "TN recovers", I was certain an hour passed.

Got to watch the last three minutes this am. Of course, that was the best part of the game! WOO!

My profile pic is me the morning after that game on the way out of Knoxville. That game is still the most epic game I have ever attended. My mom and I were so upset thinking the game was lost, but then "he stumbled and fumbled" and I'm pretty sure I almost poked someones eye out behind me with my orange and white shaker. Best day ever. I still have the newspapers we bought that Sunday morning after just for the awesome headlines :rock:
photo.php

I can understand some wanting to leave a game early for some compelling reasons, but it galls me that "fans" abandon the stands before the game is over. I know it is necessary in some cases, but some just want to beat the traffic.

If luck is defined by Billy Ratliff driving Arkansas' AA lineman Burlsworth back into Stoerner causing him to stumble and fumble, then so be it.

I call it a Volunteer putting himself into Tennessee history by making a big time play at a big time moment. After that, Arkansas wanted no part of Travis Henry.

I don't know why so many Vol fans feel like they have to apologize for that play, that game, and that season. They were undefeated National Champions that knew how to make a play when a play was needed.

I was referring to the FUMBLE which gave us the ball back. Also where was an apology mentioned in my post, nice try in helping me see the light, I now consider myself "lucky"

Woohoo

I was at the game as well. With everything that was at stake, I was literally sick, almost to the point of vomiting when they got the ball back late. A very attractive female Arky fan was sitting beside me. She felt so bad for me, she started sharing her jack and coke with me. Then Billy did his thing. To this day, I believe CPF told Cut to hand the ball to Travis and do nothing else till he scored.

I was 16 and me and dad setting in Y9. We stayed the whole game and I remember the feeling the team made it this far and going to lose. Then the fumble happens and ppl rushing back into the stadium. Henry drives it down their throat. That game along with the FL game that yr was loudest games I have ever attended

Beautifully said. We won that game because one player strapped it up and made an incredible game-changing play which gave the rest of the team great energy and confidence to go win it. No luck involved.

I was referring to the FUMBLE which gave us the ball back. Also where was an apology mentioned in my post, nice try in helping me see the light, I now consider myself "lucky"

Woohoo

I still say, it was a team that knew how to make plays when they had to. Examples:

--Syracuse -- last drive
--Florida -- Price's TD, Deon's INT, Al Wilson causing fumble
--Tee's pass to Price in SECCG followed by D recovering fumble in 4th QTR
--Tee's 4th QTR pass to Price in National Championship Game

None of those, including Ratliff's plays were LUCKY. They were a winning team knowing how to make winning plays.

Reactions: 2 people
I still say, it was a team that knew how to make plays when they had to. Examples:

--Syracuse -- last drive
--Florida -- Price's TD, Deon's INT, Al Wilson causing fumble
--Tee's pass to Price in SECCG followed by D recovering fumble in 4th QTR
--Tee's 4th QTR pass to Price in National Championship Game

None of those, including Ratliff's plays were LUCKY. They were a winning team knowing how to make winning plays.

A FUMBLE is made by skill most times but to recover a FUMBLE is more or less being at the right place at the right time, which would involve being LUCKY. I was at the game, no complaints from me, the ONLY point I'm making is we were LUCKY to get the ball back and score.

Nope. Ratliff caused the fumble and then recovered the fumble. He told the offense to keep their pads on, he was going to make a play and he did.

Tennessee dominated the 2nd half and took the game away from Arkansas. They weren't given anything (overcame a horrendous call on the safety) and it wasn't a lucky win.

I digress.... I shall not sink to this... let me state again.. "LUCK".. it is a BROAD word.. take it however you like.... we played just as hard as they did, but we were LUCKY to come out with a win... I am a bit saddened by your ability to not understand this comment.... touche

VN Store

Back