UT-Arkansas article

Regardless, of who wins, both programs are on the rise. Arkansas will likely be undefeated going into the game. We have a decent chance of being undefeated ourselves if everything goes our way.

Yeah, this guy is playing all sides, looks like. Not a fan of a guy who tries to please everyone.

Plus, his articles are hard to read. He makes the kind of grammatical errors you see in people who are speaking a non-native tongue. Is English perhaps a second language for him? No intent to be judgmental, just giving honest feedback. It's a little painful to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, this guy is playing all sides, looks like. Not a fan of a guy who tries to please everyone.

Plus, his articles are hard to read. He makes the kind of grammatical errors you see in people who are speaking a non-native tongue. Is English perhaps a second language for him? No intent to be judgmental, just giving honest feedback. It's a little painful to read.

I believe he's from Arkansas, - so close:)

Reactions: 3 people
If we played in the West it would be a horse of a different color. We have a shot when you figure UGA and Mizzou. are our only competition, and Mizz. aint gonna win it three yrs. in a row. Not to mention we seem to always play our best against UGA.

Reactions: 4 people
If we played in the West it would be a horse of a different color. We have a shot when you figure UGA and Mizzou. are our only competition, and Mizz. aint gonna win it three yrs. in a row. Not to mention we seem to always play our best against UGA.

I personally think that if we were in the West, this year, we'd be behind Alabama and Auburn, in a dead heat with LSU, Arkansas and Miss St, and ahead of Ole Miss and A&M. So, anywhere from 3rd to 5th.

Some (not me) would say that in the east this year, we're between 3rd (behind UGa and Mizzou) and 4th (add Florida because we just can't ever seem to beat 'em, dangit).

So not really huge differences.

I think Tennessee is going to lead a rebalancing of the SEC, starting this year. Gonna need help from Georgia, Mizzou and maybe a bit from Florida (eventually) and USCe. But I think the balance is going to return. Soon. Last year's bowl results were just the first harbinger of the coming sea state change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Arkansas will be one of the best teams out of the west. How do i know? Because we play them. Look at our draws from the West, its always ridiculous. Ole Miss in Neyland was the last bad team we played. Ole Miss last year has a historic run, Auburn the year before ended up in the Championship game after being 3-9 and with a new coach. Mississippi State was on a undefeated run when we played them, LSU is always a good team. we just can't catch a break with our draw.

Reactions: 7 people
Arkansas will be one of the best teams out of the west. How do i know? Because we play them. Look at our draws from the West, its always ridiculous. Ole Miss in Neyland was the last bad team we played. Ole Miss last year has a historic run, Auburn the year before ended up in the Championship game after being 3-9 and with a new coach. Mississippi State was on a undefeated run when we played them, LSU is always a good team. we just can't catch a break with our draw.

To be fair, any team in the west is a bad draw. But if I had to pick two teams for us to play, it would be Miss State and A&M.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Second sentence has poor grammar. What a joke.My 13 year old son could have written a better article.smdh

I often post here without grammar being my first concern. Rarely, if ever, do I proof read. Given the author submitted the article for the nation to read, I assume he did. Apparently he saw no flaws. lol.

Maybe everyone is playing it safe in predicting the East in two year. But we have young, talented, and I think a team with some swagger. If we take care of business with the smaller teams like we should and beat OU early on, who knows how far that swagger and confidence carries this team. A few breaks in important games will set the tone very early... who says the East can't be won this year?

I personally think that if we were in the West, this year, we'd be behind Alabama and Auburn, in a dead heat with LSU, Arkansas and Miss St, and ahead of Ole Miss and A&M. So, anywhere from 3rd to 5th.

Some (not me) would say that in the east this year, we're between 3rd (behind UGa and Mizzou) and 4th (add Florida because we just can't ever seem to beat 'em, dangit).

So not really huge differences.

I think Tennessee is going to lead a rebalancing of the SEC, starting this year. Gonna need help from Georgia, Mizzou and maybe a bit from Florida (eventually) and USCe. But I think the balance is going to return. Soon. Last year's bowl results were just the first harbinger of the coming sea state change.

I think we finish no worse than 2nd in the east . We roll mizzwho. In Columbia no less. Go vols

Maybe everyone is playing it safe in predicting the East in two year. But we have young, talented, and I think a team with some swagger. If we take care of business with the smaller teams like we should and beat OU early on, who knows how far that swagger and confidence carries this team. A few breaks in important games will set the tone very early... who says the East can't be won this year?

I have seen the debate between the east this year and "still a year away" (2016). This is the first time I have seen 2 years away (2017) just to be in serious contention for the east. I haven't been the most on board the hype train but if we have to wait until 2017 for that expectation, we have gone seriously wrong somewhere.

Personally I think Arkansas is setting themselves up for a bit of a let down. There is high probability that their defense will be less than stellar. They might flat out stink on that side of the ball.

I have seen the debate between the east this year and "still a year away" (2016). This is the first time I have seen 2 years away (2017) just to be in serious contention for the east. I haven't been the most on board the hype train but if we have to wait until 2017 for that expectation, we have gone seriously wrong somewhere.

Agreeed. We should finish no worse than 2nd this year and be favorites to win the east next year. Many writers are picking us this year also. Even the sports writer from the Atlanta paper lol.

Arkansas beat some bad teams at the end of year. Ole miss was a dumpster fire towards the end of last season, and Lsu had just lost to Bama. It looked like half of Lsu's team didn't even show up for the Arkansas game. All I'm saying is if we played those 2 really bad teams at the end of the year, we win too. Ole miss was one of the worst teams in the west at the end of the season.

East is up for grabs. We've got to get past the Gator jinx first. Florida is not picked to do anything, because they are a blank slate. They could be our toughest opponent. We just don't know. Vols know they have to win that game. We can't go to an 11 year shutout.

This is what I think... Tennessee has everyone spooked. The journalists that are fans of other teams knows if Tennessee beats Oklahoma, then Florida.. Tennessee will be building up steam and will be a force.. As another poster said.. We have talent but swagger also.. I can't wait!

VN Store

Back