Josh Dobbs is the Man

Josh Dobbs' ceiling will be as high as the O Line allows for...OU game will let us know one way or the other. Considering UTC had like 5 sacks on us last year, we may be able to tell with the Bowling Green game. We need no missed assignments and hold the D back for at least 3 seconds a play. Dobbs can figure out the rest.

Hooray for the offseason.

The win loss record you posted got me thinking. What was the record when I was there?

1996 -- Won 10 Lost 2
Florida Citrus Bowl
Northwestern 48-28 W
SEC 7-1 (2nd East)-9th AP

1997 -- Won 11 Lost 2 (SEC CHAMPIONS)
SEC Championship Game
Auburn 30-29 W

Orange Bowl
Nebraska 17-42 L
SEC 7-1 (1st/1st East) - 7th AP

1998 -- Won 13 Lost 0 (NATIONAL CHAMPIONS -- NCAA Consensus, SEC CHAMPIONS)

SEC Championship Game
Mississippi State 24-14 W

Fiesta Bowl
Florida State 23-16 W
SEC 8-0 (1st/1st East) - 1st AP

1999 -- Won 9 Lost 3
Fiesta Bowl
Nebraska 21-31 L
SEC 6-2 (2nd East) - 9th AP

Those were pretty good times.

I heard he's having academic problems. Might flunk out. Can we get Riley Ferguson back? Think I'll start a thread about that.

Reactions: 1 person
It's off season and the more I read these mindless threads, the more I believe we may actually surprise the SEC this year. I can't see any team settled at quarterback in the whole pack which means if we score we win! GO BIG O!! :lolabove:

He's only as good as our O line, and they sucked last year. I still see them as our weak link. We need one more class to get them up to SEC level play.

He's only as good as our O line, and they sucked last year. I still see them as our weak link. We need one more class to get them up to SEC level play.

So you're saying Dobbs sucked last year? I disagree. When Dobbs came in from Alabama on he made the OL and the entire offense much better. The numbers and the record don't lie.

Reactions: 1 person
HURD.

Had a good 1st year!

Anybody think he'll do OK this year?

or maybe:

Bruce Jenner is Not the Man!

Any thoughts?

about 80 days to kick off.........can we survive it?

VN Store

Back