Seats and plans for first game in Nashville?

lionfoorest

I know there is a few threads about the first game but I just got our tickets in the mail. And was wondering where everybody else is sitting and what's your plans? Me and my lady are going Friday and probably going to go to the strip for the bars Friday after dinner some where and then back to the strip before the game. We're staying at the Knights Inn. Cheap and same side of the river as lp field. Going to grill out. We're in section 140 row cc. Any body in the section or staying in the Knights Inn?

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't book our room yet, but we're heading over Friday as well. Our seats are in section 335 (I think). That's as far as we've got in the planning.

I know there is a few threads about the first game but I just got our tickets in the mail. And was wondering where everybody else is sitting and what's your plans? Me and my lady are going Friday and probably going to go to the strip for the bars Friday after dinner some where and then back to the strip before the game. We're staying at the Knights Inn. Cheap and same side of the river as lp field. Going to grill out. We're in section 140 row cc. Any body in the section or staying in the Knights Inn?

Sleep with a gun under your pillow

Reactions: 13 people
We have tentative room reservations for Friday night and will change according to game time, if necessary. Our seats are in section 215, row F.

I have to work until 10 Friday night and go to work at 7 Sunday morning, so pretty much just driving in for the game and immediately driving back to Memphis after.

Please check out Trip Advisor about Knights Inn and just be aware of what you are getting into. You will want to take a cab to Broad, it is not safe walking distance to downtown. Walking back and forth to game is fine. Good luck. We park in that area and am looking forward to game and Rolling Stones concert this week.

Very bold move staying at the Knights Inn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

if your weekend includes crack and hos, you'll have a great time

Reactions: 5 people
Here is an interactive seating chart so you can actually see the view from your seat.

Tennessee Titans | Virtual Venue? | Powered by IOMEDIA

I'm flying in Thursday and staying with a friend of mine in Murfreesboro, we are going to be tailgating early with a friend of his who lives across the street from the stadium. I have a parking pass in lot A to continue the tailgating and some after game fun, and we'll be sitting in section 314, Row B, seats 1 and 2.

Is the Knights inn seriously that bad? Does anyone here actually have a real experience there? We booked 6 rooms there in the event some of our friends needed a room. Glad we did rooms are sky high now. It is like half mile to the stadium. I'm not worried about any kind of "thugs" or someone talking crap. Is there actual gang activity there? Only reason I ask is there are several girls coming with us. I'm concerned about their safety. I can't tell you how many people I have heard say " ohhhh you better stay out of this area" then I go there for whatever reason and it's nothing. I don't really want what you've heard about the Knights inn. If it's not a personal experience its irrelevant to me

Reactions: 1 person
Is the Knights inn seriously that bad? Does anyone here actually have a real experience there? We booked 6 rooms there in the event some of our friends needed a room. Glad we did rooms are sky high now. It is like half mile to the stadium. I'm not worried about any kind of "thugs" or someone talking crap. Is there actual gang activity there? Only reason I ask is there are several girls coming with us. I'm concerned about their safety. I can't tell you how many people I have heard say " ohhhh you better stay out of this area" then I go there for whatever reason and it's nothing. I don't really want what you've heard about the Knights inn. If it's not a personal experience its irrelevant to me

First off, you are near NOTHING. If you want to go out you'll either drive or cab it. All activities are on the other side of the bridge on Lower Broad, including anywhere you want to go eat. Walking from there is 30 minutes at the minimum and all you've done is cross the river. Plus, I do not recommend walking unless you have plenty of bumwine and are armed.

Next, this is next to Jefferson St. In essence you're at TSU. Dont know what TSU is then look it up. Put it like this the mayor recently wanted to relocate the Police headquarters right there where you are and they rose a stink because they said it 'might' lead to racial profiling with all the police that will be present. The arguments against that was that a heavier police presence would decrease crime. If your stance is that it will decrease crime you got a crime problem.

It might have been cheap but you pay for what you get. Good luck. Pack heat. Dont let the girls out by themselves. Take all valuables out of your car every night. Make sure your comprehensive car insurance is up to date.

Yes, it's pretty bad. I would not stay there. :machgun:

Knights Inn is NOT close to TSU. While I grew up in East Tn, have lived in Davidson Co. over 4 decades. If your primary purpose is getting a cheap room in an industrial area close to LP field, then good luck. At least you are not staying at Stadium Inn!

Reactions: 2 people
Knights Inn is NOT close to TSU. While I grew up in East Tn, have lived in Davidson Co. over 4 decades. If your primary purpose is getting a cheap room in an industrial area close to LP field, then good luck. At least you are not staying at Stadium Inn!

So 2 miles isnt close it your world?

It is not close unless you are talking about the downtown campus which is close to the State Capitol. I worked at the main campus decades ago and am very familiar with Jefferson Street. That area is close to the Sounds new baseball stadium. It is improving.

I pass that place (Stadium Inn) driving to work on 24 every day and I sometimes wonder what crazy $h*t has gone down inside there. Also, agreed, Knights Inn is nowhere remotely close to TSU on a Nashville local level. If that guy thinks the Knights Inn is close to TSU, he must also think West End and Vanderbilt are in TSU's backyard.

Well the distance isn't an issue. I won't be in any state to walk let alone drive anywhere. I'm fine paying for a 5-10 can ride, I had already planned on doing that. This hotel was like 140 a night vs 300 a night. I'm not worried about any " nashville gangs" I moved here from Tidewater Virginia. If you don't know what this is look it up. There were so many drive by shootings there that the cops used to basically surround the gang affiliated blocks with cop cars 24/7 so if a car came in it couldn't get out if they shot someone. So the gang members decided to start using machetes instead of guns to make the killing quiet; for the most part. I'm not afraid to tell some want to be gang banger GTFO. If the hotel is nasty or any other hotel related issue I don't care to pay the extra money to stay somewhere nice. It's got a Google review of 3.9 out of 5. The reviews sound pretty good. You can't ever please everyone. I'm gonna risk it I guess and see how it goes. If I come back and it's not horrific like you say than it'll be well worth it. I'll have my "heat" with me as you say lol. However Ill have to leave it in the room as I can't take it to any bars, or the game itself so I'm not sure how much good it'll do me. Thanks for the input folks.

VN Store

Back