AJC writer picks Tennessee

Volsfaninva917

Pigskin pickin
Georgia won’t win the SEC East, and neither will Missouri. Tennessee will. This is a major leap of … well, I wouldn’t call it faith, seeing as how the Volunteers still have everything to prove. Call it a considered guess. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Butch Jones’ fixing-upping, and I thought Tennessee did well to bleed a bowl appearance out of a season that saw them face five Top 25 teams (and lose to all five). With South Carolina receding and Florida restarting, there’s room to move in this division. And Mizzou can’t win the thing every year, can it?
:hi:

SIAP

Reactions: 8 people
Forget "fahr Mark Richt" ... today, I imagine our cousins down in the Peach State are starting a write-in campaign to the offices of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution to "fahr sportswriter Mark Bradley!"

It's like the zombie apocalypse starting in Togo or somewhere else in Africa, and you pay very little attention to news stories about it ... then cases start popping up in Vermont and across the border of Canada, and you barely pay any more attention ... then all of a sudden your home-town paper is writing about cases down the street from you. THAT gets your attention, finally.

I think our UGa friends just got their attention grabbed. Hometown reporter noticed what's going on up in Knoxville. Before it was just distant rumblings, but now it's totally serial. Hehehe....

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Pigskin pickin
Georgia won’t win the SEC East, and neither will Missouri. Tennessee will. This is a major leap of … well, I wouldn’t call it faith, seeing as how the Volunteers still have everything to prove. Call it a considered guess. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Butch Jones’ fixing-upping, and I thought Tennessee did well to bleed a bowl appearance out of a season that saw them face five Top 25 teams (and lose to all five). With South Carolina receding and Florida restarting, there’s room to move in this division. And Mizzou can’t win the thing every year, can it?
:hi:

SIAP

He also picked UGA to lose 4 games in 2015.

Mark Bradley's twitter account likely blowing up right about now as dawg fans gather with pitchforks.

Reactions: 1 person
He also picked UGA to lose 4 games in 2015.

Mark Bradley's twitter account likely blowing up right about now as dawg fans gather with pitchforks.

It wouldn't surprise me if they lose 4, heck I hope they lose 5.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we all need to temper our expectations. Before anyone sacrifices me to the football gods, consider how young and inexperienced the team is. You don't recover from 4 terrible years with two decent years of recruiting.

Reactions: 8 people
I think we all need to temper our expectations. Before anyone sacrifices me to the football gods, consider how young and inexperienced the team is. You don't recover from 4 terrible years with two decent years of recruiting.

These are the medias expectations of the VOLS, not mine. So yeah

You are right on target my friend. Not to mention the coaching changes that have taken place!

Yes there is a POSSIBILITY that we win the SEC east but not likely! We are not there yet with regards to depth and a little more talent.

It really is not dependent upon us, it is dependent on how bad other SEC teams have digressed. We are getting better but still not at typical SEC Championship level.

My two cents!

Reactions: 3 people
The big IF, but if the OL is playing a lot better, TENNESSEE will WIN the EAST, and might have some for the big bad West winner in Atlanta.:yes:

I totally agree about the O.L. However, I am a little worried about the middle of our defense. We do not have a big or proven run stoper. No headhunter in the middle will not fair well for our defense.

I hope all of this is for not and we make it to the SEC championship!

G.B.O.

I respect your opinion but I just don't agree. We return more starters than any other team around us. FL is decimated in the OL, MU in the DL, and none of them have as good a QB as we do.

We have had such close losses to FL (1 pt last yr), GA and MIZZOU (overtime losses in recent yrs with those 2) that I would say it's not unreasonable at all to say we could win the East with close wins this year. We don't have to be dominant to win the East, just get the W's.

Reactions: 7 people
I think it comes down to getting the ball vertical. If Dobbs can make a leap in stretching the field with his arm, with him and Hurd loosening things up with their legs and a solid, injury free(knock on wood) D we have a more than decent shot to take the East.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back