We are ranked in the top ten....

How many games do we have to win to shut him up?

Then, do it.

Someone legitimately must have pissed in his cheerios. What does he care about this stuff? This count down is literally just an article designed to draw as much traffic and attention as possible. If journalists can draw traffic, for any reason, it makes them look good. This isn't even really journalism though. It's an opinion blog. He has the right to say whatever he wants about any program. But the way he goes about it, with the all caps and blatant insults, no one will take him seriously. And you know he wrote this and came to this forum just waiting for someone to post about it and get off as he reads the complaints. Don't give the guy the satisfaction. Ignore and move on.

Reactions: 1 person
Clay is actually a huge UT fan. Has been for many years. He just loves to stir the pot, and it's really a dead period for him, because he mostly writes about and follows football, so he has to do something to give people crap to talk about. And yes, his dumbest fan base poll had been around for years as well.

Reactions: 5 people
I heard he went to UT undergrad?

No. Went to George Wasington Univ in DC for undergrad and Vandy Law School. No ties to UT whatsoever, and shows his true colors for putting UT fans on this list. And btw, just for clarity, he's not saying we're 1 of the 10 dumbest college football fan bases....he's saying a top 10 dumbest fan bases across all sports throughout the globe. What an ass.

Clay is actually a huge UT fan. Has been for many years. He just loves to stir the pot, and it's really a dead period for him, because he mostly writes about and follows football, so he has to do something to give people crap to talk about. And yes, his dumbest fan base poll had been around for years as well.

Don't believe for one split second that he's a UT fan. Listened to him for years when he was on Nashvile radio....you could pick any dumbass off of Vandymania and they'd sound more "pro-UT" than Travis ever has.

No. Went to George Wasington Univ in DC for undergrad and Vandy Law School. No ties to UT whatsoever, and shows his true colors for putting UT fans on this list. And btw, just for clarity, he's not saying we're 1 of the 10 dumbest college football fan bases....he's saying a top 10 dumbest fan bases across all sports throughout the globe. What an ass.

Sorry but I'm not on that list.

Although that gas station scenario would be at least plausible if I owned a Butch Please shirt.

It was funny at first but got really weird when he started talking about guys' dicks getting hard. It went from kind of funny to creepy really fast

Clay is like a lot of people. For him to look good everybody around him has to look bad. I like riding go carts. And Im glad he went to Vandy.

Despite writing that article (which is so over the top I don't see how anyone takes it seriously), Clay is 100% a UT fan. He rode James Franklin's jock in 2011-2012 because it was clear Vandy's coach and program was on the rise and Tennessee's was in a freefall. He hated Dooley, and talking crap about the Vols back then wasn't just honest radio, it also earned him a ton of notoriety in Nashville, which he parlayed into becoming somewhat famous.

Besides, once you start getting paid big bucks to talk and write about sports, rooting for your favorite team becomes far less of a priority than doing whatever it takes to generate clicks and keep yourself and your brand relevant.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back