Dobbs is even getting recognition in France

ChismsHeadband

The Blue Pennant | L'actualité du College Football

17. Joshua Dobbs, Jr., Tennessee - dual-threat
Epoustouflant at 6 games he played in 2014, the flights were successful 36.7 point when he was the leader of the attack. He concluded last season with a superb performance in the 45-28 victory of coach Butch Jones players face Iowa (TaxSlayer Bowl).

Apparently they pay attention to College Football across the pond, too.

Also, this offseason is way too long.

Reactions: 16 people
Apparently "epoustouflant" is french for QB..

And the French are as lazy as we thought. They too listed all three Ohio State QB's in their list of 20.

I visited Savannah, GA a few weeks ago and was sporting my power T cap. Had a fella walk up to me, and in a French accent he said "Go Vols." But it sounded more like "Go Veewls." Thought it was cool though.

Reactions: 10 people
Just as long as their evaluation of our defensive line doesn't include the word "Maginot"...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Ooh La La, is this a French website or more understandably a French Canadian website.

...or because it's a .com an American site that is only in French.

Ooh La La, is this a French website or more understandably a French Canadian website.
...or because it's a .com an American site that is only in French.

French would end in d'tcom ... Canadian always ends with .eh?

Pretty sure my memory's correct on this one.

Reactions: 17 people
I visited Savannah, GA a few weeks ago and was sporting my power T cap. Had a fella walk up to me, and in a French accent he said "Go Vols." But it sounded more like "Go Veewls." Thought it was cool though.

my hoooooood

Reactions: 1 person
Epoustouflant is French for staggering or mind-blowing. The writer must be a VFL.

Reactions: 2 people
I have worked for a French company for 30 years and interacted a bunch with those folks. If they have an appreciation for Tennessee football in France, it is because of me. I take full credit. If you think Go Vewls sounds good, you should hear them say Buck Fama.

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah, I'm gonna be on the side that bets this is a French-language CANADIAN site, not a French site. The French have rock-bottom zero interest in American football, unless thing have changed drastically since I was stationed there. This site is probably out of Montreal, or nearby.

I'm in France all month as an English tutor for a French family, and I brought them all some Tennessee gear and a football. I created 5 new Vol fans in France, haha.

On the other hand, I did see a guy with a Vanderbilt hoodie in Paris.

There are some serious fanbases of college football teams oversees. Similar to how we have Real Madrid and ManU fans here.

We used to have that guy from UK that posted here. He had never been to a UT game, he just loved UT football. IIRC he would stay up all hours of the night to watch games.

Reactions: 2 people
There are some serious fanbases of college football teams oversees. Similar to how we have Real Madrid and ManU fans here.

We used to have that guy from UK that posted here. He had never been to a UT game, he just loved UT football. IIRC he would stay up all hours of the night to watch games.

Yeah, I remember that guy. He was cool, too.

What happened to that guy? Hope he's doing okay. Dude was a true fan.

I'm in France all month as an English tutor for a French family, and I brought them all some Tennessee gear and a football. I created 5 new Vol fans in France, haha.

On the other hand, I did see a guy with a Vanderbilt hoodie in Paris.

...and I was wondering what happened to the ONE Vanderbilt fan...Hadn't seen him in a long time...Thanks

I find it weird that the Taxslayer Bowl had a write up in France. Wonder if college football as a whole is followed by the French.

VN Store

Back