Barrette Salle (bleacher report)...

I seen somewhere today he picked the most noted games to watch with the SEC this year and had us in several, I always like to scroll down and check the feedback, people were talking trash about us.. oh how I hope we do well this year.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
I seen somewhere today he picked the most noted games to watch with the SEC this year and had us in several, I always like to scroll down and check the feedback, people were talking trash about us.. oh how I hope we do well this year.

Go Vols!

I saw that article. I think the OU, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia games made the cut. The Florida game was a "just missed the list"

Barrett is a Georgia homer, but he sure has been giving UT some love lately.

Screw Bleacher Report, I got banned for calling Serena Williams a man. LOL

Reactions: 11 people
It took awhile. Not so long ago he had a ho hum attitude about this Tennessee football team, but Sallee's finally turned the corner in joining in on the Big Orange train. Rather than just hearing the hype, he's researched the pile of reasons for all the optimism about this program. What's curious about those doubting the Vols this year is the group who keep thinking an SEC championship and run at the NC is so certainly at least a year away. History tells us that a lot of young teams have won the NC, and let's not kid ourselves in thinking this bunch isn't sickly loaded with talent and lots and lots of swagger. Butch knows that his coy comments about youth and inexperience can be seen as chump bait for those who grasp how deceptively deep the Vols can be if (HUGE if) the injury bug doesn't bite in the wrong places or at the wrong times. I think, with the debacle in Norman still on their minds, the chip on the guys' shoulders will be too much for the Sooners, along with a workable OL and too much defensive pressure. Gator tears will comprise some of that dank water the Vols will drain out of the swamp. That streak is over. Arky is too run-reliant for such a relentless group of block busting hard tacklers they'll face in a rabid Neyland. The dawgs, minus a veteran qb and reliant on a running back who, although he's big and fast, won't pour it on in the 4th quarter against an always fresh DL. They'll most likely limp out of K-town, beaten up after a hard fought loss. UGA will cave from the same problem Arky will have had in the Vols' house. Bama will be brutal and relentless for all four quarters...as always, but not unbeatable unless they can get lucky again with a new qb and if they can cover deep better than last year, and there's no one like those Coopers who haunted our DBs in '14. It should be a very interesting third Saturday in October. The rest of the way only Mizzou has a legitimate shot at derailing the Vols' rocket ride to Atlanta. Aside from the injury bug "if", the improvement-of-the-OL "if" and the will the WRs-be-all-they-can-be "if" comprise if or if not Barrett Sallee's prediction is correct. Face it. There's an abundance of possibilities with team 119 and we just don't know what'll transpire in the years to come. Grab the ring while it's still within reach. Can you see it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
More idiots that don't know the first thing about college football! These guys need to put down the crack pipe!

Championships are won with defense, North Carloina and GT aren't kidding anyone with the defense they played last season. UT is capable of playing defense at a championship level but that remains to be seen. I will acknowledge that UT is very similar to Ohio State from last season as they are assembling the talent to Win it all.

Those other two guys picked Georgia Tech and North Carolina, WTF?!

Fansided has UT 11-1 with a loss to the Dawgs. The media needs to hold their horses.

It took awhile. Not so long ago he had a ho hum attitude about this Tennessee football team, but Sallee's finally turned the corner in joining in on the Big Orange train. Rather than just hearing the hype, he's researched the pile of reasons for all the optimism about this program. What's curious about those doubting the Vols this year is the group who keep thinking an SEC championship and run at the NC is so certainly at least a year away. History tells us that a lot of young teams have won the NC, and let's not kid ourselves in thinking this bunch isn't sickly loaded with talent and lots and lots of swagger. Butch knows that his coy comments about youth and inexperience can be seen as chump bait for those who grasp how deceptively deep the Vols can be if (HUGE if) the injury bug doesn't bite in the wrong places or at the wrong times. I think, with the debacle in Norman still on their minds, the chip on the guys' shoulders will be too much for the Sooners, along with a workable OL and too much defensive pressure. Gator tears will comprise some of that dank water the Vols will drain out of the swamp. That streak is over. Arky is too run-reliant for such a relentless group of block busting hard tacklers they'll face in a rabid Neyland. The dawgs, minus a veteran qb and reliant on a running back who, although he's big and fast, won't pour it on in the 4th quarter against an always fresh DL. They'll most likely limp out of K-town, beaten up after a hard fought loss. UGA will cave from the same problem Arky will have had in the Vols' house. Bama will be brutal and relentless for all four quarters...as always, but not unbeatable unless they can get lucky again with a new qb and if they can cover deep better than last year, and there's no one like those Coopers who haunted our DBs in '14. It should be a very interesting third Saturday in October. The rest of the way only Mizzou has a legitimate shot at derailing the Vols' rocket ride to Atlanta. Aside from the injury bug "if", the improvement-of-the-OL "if" and the will the WRs-be-all-they-can-be "if" comprise if or if not Barrett Sallee's prediction is correct. Face it. There's an abundance of possibilities with team 119 and we just don't know what'll transpire in the years to come. Grab the ring while it's still within reach. Can you see it?

I like it. While these are two very crafty O-coaches in OBC and YLK, deep in p228 of this read is that little phrase I do hope rings true -- "and there's no one like those Coopers who haunted our DBs in '14."

Reactions: 1 person

I like it!!!

Barrett is a Georgia homer, but he sure has been giving UT some love lately.

Screw Bleacher Report, I got banned for calling Serena Williams a man. LOL

You mean to tell me Serena's not a man??? Next you'll say Santa isn't real.

Jeesh Hop, get a clue. :confused:

Last edited:
I saw that article. I think the OU, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia games made the cut. The Florida game was a "just missed the list"

I guess because we have not won in a decade is why that game did not make it. It is at the top of my list this year.:clapping:

You mean to tell me Serena's not a man??? Next you'll say Santa isn't real.

Jeesh Hop, get a clue. :confused:

These are the same people who swear that Brittany Griner is not a man, but he, she, it, whatever knocked up Glory, I guess????????????????????:blink::blink:

It took awhile.

Not so long ago he had a ho hum attitude about this Tennessee football team, but Sallee's finally turned the corner in joining in on the Big Orange train. Rather than just hearing the hype, he's researched the pile of reasons for all the optimism about this program.

What's curious about those doubting the Vols this year is the group who keep thinking an SEC championship and run at the NC is so certainly at least a year away. History tells us that a lot of young teams have won the NC, and let's not kid ourselves in thinking this bunch isn't sickly loaded with talent and lots and lots of swagger. Butch knows that his coy comments about youth and inexperience can be seen as chump bait for those who grasp how deceptively deep the Vols can be if (HUGE if) the injury bug doesn't bite in the wrong places or at the wrong times.

I think, with the debacle in Norman still on their minds, the chip on the guys' shoulders will be too much for the Sooners, along with a workable OL and too much defensive pressure.

Gator tears will comprise some of that dank water the Vols will drain out of the swamp. That streak is over.

Arky is too run-reliant for such a relentless group of block busting hard tacklers they'll face in a rabid Neyland.

The dawgs, minus a veteran qb and reliant on a running back who, although he's big and fast, won't pour it on in the 4th quarter against an always fresh DL. They'll most likely limp out of K-town, beaten up after a hard fought loss. UGA will cave from the same problem Arky will have had in the Vols' house.

Bama will be brutal and relentless for all four quarters...as always, but not unbeatable unless they can get lucky again with a new qb and if they can cover deep better than last year, and there's no one like those Coopers who haunted our DBs in '14. It should be a very interesting third Saturday in October.

The rest of the way only Mizzou has a legitimate shot at derailing the Vols' rocket ride to Atlanta.

Aside from the injury bug "if", the improvement-of-the-OL "if" and the will the WRs-be-all-they-can-be "if" comprise if or if not Barrett Sallee's prediction is correct.

Face it. There's an abundance of possibilities with team 119 and we just don't know what'll transpire in the years to come. Grab the ring while it's still within reach. Can you see it?

:hi:

Reactions: 4 people
More idiots that don't know the first thing about college football! These guys need to put down the crack pipe!

Championships are won with defense, North Carloina and GT aren't kidding anyone with the defense they played last season. UT is capable of playing defense at a championship level but that remains to be seen. I will acknowledge that UT is very similar to Ohio State from last season as they are assembling the talent to Win it all.
This team reminds me of the Florida State team the year before they won the Championship, they were very young and had talent every where i believe they went 10 and 4 that year, we will be competing for a playoff spot in 2016 not this year, we could win 9, but 8 and 4 is more like it.

When's the last time we were even in the conversation? It's been a while since we've had any relevance so I'll take any hype that we can get.

Love the optimism sameolvol. Hope you are right. I agree that it <i>could</i> happen. There's certainly enough talent to make a fairy-tale run. Still a lot of question marks though, especially on that OL. And, as I've said before, I refuse to believe we are back where we need to be until we can beat Florida.

Not buying it. Most people are basing their predictions on a bowl game against an opponent that would have finished behind Kentucky and Vandy in the SEC East.

The one good thing about the bowl game is that for the first time you could see that the team was totally buying in to what Butch is selling.

VN Store

Back