Sat, Sep 5 TBD New Mexico State at Florida
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Louisiana Monroe at Georgia
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Louisiana Lafayette at Kentucky
Sat, Sep 5 TBD McNeese State at LSU
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Southeast Missouri State at Missouri
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Tennessee-Martin at Ole Miss
Sat, Sep 5 8:00 PM Wisconsin at Alabama* ABC
Sat, Sep 5 10:00 PM Mississippi State at Southern Mississippi FOX Sports 1

Doesn't look to me like too many schools have times yet. There are no times listed for week 2.

You can pretty much be assured that AZ St. vs. aTm is going to be a night game. It also wouldn't surprise me if Louisville V Auburn is a night game. It all depends on what TV wants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I would about bet my house on OU at Tennessee will be a 8pm ABC/ESPN game. Game has got to go prime because that week no good matchups.

I read somewhere there was a chance the UT game could be moved to Sunday. Is that even a slight possibility?

Usually the first 2 or 3 games get announced sometime in the summer, so hopefully we find out soon.

I would about bet my house on OU at Tennessee will be a 8pm ABC/ESPN game. Game has got to go prime because that week no good matchups.

Oregon at Michigan State isn't a good matchup? That's already been announced as the 8pm ABC game. Tennessee will likely play at 4 or 8 on ESPN.

Reactions: 1 person
This is what is on the Official SEC Site for week 1:

Date Time (ET) Matchup Game Info
Thu, Sep 3 6:00 PM North Carolina at South Carolina*
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Bowling Green at Tennessee*
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Arizona State at Texas A&M*
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Western Kentucky at Vanderbilt
Sat, Sep 5 TBD UTEP at Arkansas
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Louisville at Auburn*
Sat, Sep 5 TBD New Mexico State at Florida
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Louisiana Monroe at Georgia
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Louisiana Lafayette at Kentucky
Sat, Sep 5 TBD McNeese State at LSU
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Southeast Missouri State at Missouri
Sat, Sep 5 TBD Tennessee-Martin at Ole Miss
Sat, Sep 5 8:00 PM Wisconsin at Alabama* ABC
Sat, Sep 5 10:00 PM Mississippi State at Southern Mississippi FOX Sports 1

Doesn't look to me like too many schools have times yet. There are no times listed for week 2.

You can pretty much be assured that AZ St. vs. aTm is going to be a night game. It also wouldn't surprise me if Louisville V Auburn is a night game. It all depends on what TV wants.

CBS announced on May 28 that it had picked up airing rights for the Louisville-Auburn week 1 game (they must not have the broadcasting rights to the U.S. Open this year). That game will be at 3:30 PM EST.

Louisville vs. Auburn kicks off expanded 2015 SEC on CBS schedule - CBSSports.com

I don't think it can be a primetime ABC game like last year because of tv conference contracts (which conference the home team is in determines these).

Not to mention, ABC has already picked up Oregon v. Michigan State for it's 8 PM game that weekend. (Not to mention Notre Dame vs UVA was picked up by ABC as one of the 3:30pm ABC games, presuming they do a mirror channel that weekend.)

The game's also going to be up against LSU vs Mississippi State for as far as ESPN's SEC selections go.

But the only other noteworthy game (besides LSU/Miss St and Oregon/MSU) might be Oregon St v Michigan and that's it (which more than likely won't end up a night game just because it's at Ann Arbor).

It seems like most years they announce early season gametimes at the Spring Meetings, which have already passed. Maybe DeerPark knows something?

Oregon at Michigan State isn't a good matchup? That's already been announced as the 8pm ABC game. Tennessee will likely play at 4 or 8 on ESPN.

A 4pm TV spot looks pretty rare for the two main ESPN networks (I only kind of saw it once last year: a 4:30 Ole Miss/Vanderbilt game, which couldn't have been as big a game at that point in the season; the few other 4 PM games on the ESPN-named networks went to ESPNEWS...but those were also weeks were CBS wasn't showing a 3:30 PM game).

But it usually means the game was pretty far down the selection totem poll (for example the 4:15 SEC Network time slot usually ends up as the last or close to last game selected). It's far from an ideal timeslot for the network.

ESPN also (contractually) looks like it has to show the Boise State - BYU game on either ESPN or ESPN2, but that looks like it can be shown as a 10:15 PM game.

Last edited:
No idea on the opener. ESPN/SECN would have liked to move it to Sunday, but UT couldn't do that with Oklahoma coming the following weekend.

The OU game will be probably be a night game, likely on ESPN. ESPN2 has tennis coverage.

However, because CBS' game that week was actually purchased from ESPN, ESPN can schedule an afternoon SEC game against it. So that possibility is still out there.

ESPN is aiming to have the first three weeks of the SEC schedule announced by the end of the month, by SEC media days in July at the latest.

Reactions: 1 person
No idea on the opener. ESPN/SECN would have liked to move it to Sunday, but UT couldn't do that with Oklahoma coming the following weekend.

The OU game will be probably be a night game, likely on ESPN. ESPN2 has tennis coverage.

However, because CBS' game that week was actually purchased from ESPN, ESPN can schedule an afternoon SEC game against it. So that possibility is still out there.

ESPN is aiming to have the first three weeks of the SEC schedule announced by the end of the month, by SEC media days in July at the latest.

tennis over CFB :no:

I do remember in 2012 when Tennessee-Florida was scheduled for 5:00 ET and the Texas-Ole Miss game was played immediately after in a doubleheader.

I really hope the OU game is at night.

Thanks!

I'm curious about that part.

I was looking back at the scheduled games and times from the early weeks of last season (when CBS still wasn't showing games). It looked like ESPN & ESPN2 stayed pretty clear of the ABC game at the 3:30 PM time slot - save for a week 1 reverse mirroring two games, since ESPN2 was involved. They apparently also have Notre Dame-UVA scheduled in this slot on ABC for this season.

However, I also noticed ESPN showed the UGA v Clemson 5:30 pm game in week one as well as the Ole Miss/Vanderbilt game at 4:30 PM in week two (though in the case of the latter, ESPN went with showing Virginia Tech v Ohio State in its 8 PM time slot).

Are those the times you're referring to as being scheduled "against" an afternoon SEC game? That the UT Oklahoma could end up as a 4:30 PM/5:30 PM on ESPN (as opposed to I guess the other option is 8PM, depending on who ESPN picks out of probably this game and possibly the LSU-Miss ST game)?

Edit: Also, will the US Open finals matches be that late? The Open currently has the Finals that are that day listed as starting at noon (though it notes the whole schedule is subject to change).

Last edited:
I don't think it can be a primetime ABC game like last year because of tv conference contracts (which conference the home team is in determines these).

Not to mention, ABC has already picked up Oregon v. Michigan State for it's 8 PM game that weekend. (Not to mention Notre Dame vs UVA was picked up by ABC as one of the 3:30pm ABC games, presuming they do a mirror channel that weekend.)

The game's also going to be up against LSU vs Mississippi State for as far as ESPN's SEC selections go.

But the only other noteworthy game (besides LSU/Miss St and Oregon/MSU) might be Oregon St v Michigan and that's it (which more than likely won't end up a night game just because it's at Ann Arbor).

SEC has contract with ESPN and ESPN owns ABC .Espn and ABC normally split big games if 2 big games that day. If it is not 8 if will definitely be a 7-730 game. It will be a prime game ether way.

VN Store

Back