Didnt realize but 3 of past 5 years...

Other_Guy

foolishFool
2013 East winner Mizzu - 5-7 previous season
2011 winner Georgia - 6-7 previous season
2010 SCjr - 7-6
Saw it on Rocky Top Talk and didn't realize it. I'm very very cautious when it comes to expectations these days, and Ive had plenty of arguemental points on why we shouldn't burn the barn if they don't win big this year... and I'm the first to point out the OL woes... but the ddfense is going to be really really good and I think Dobbs will be solid enough that if the backs stay healthy, there's really no excuse not to win 9 games (I've been predicting 8) and if that includes a loss to Oklahoma, they're likely headed to Atlanta with only 2 SEC losses (I am high on UGA but I'm not sure they can win more than 9 games and if they beat Ga Tech that's 3 conf losses).
So I'm ver cautious and forgiving, but I'm starting to believe that only 8 wins like I predict and I'm not as excited about being a playoff contender the next year (which is no excuse) .

Reactions: 1 person
2010 SCjr - 7-6
Saw it on Rocky Top Talk and didn't realize it. I'm very very cautious when it comes to expectations these days, and Ive had plenty of arguemental points on why we shouldn't burn the barn if they don't win big this year... and I'm the first to point out the OL woes... but the ddfense is going to be really really good and I think Dobbs will be solid enough that if the backs stay healthy, there's really no excuse not to win 9 games (I've been predicting 8) and if that includes a loss to Oklahoma, they're likely headed to Atlanta with only 2 SEC losses (I am high on UGA but I'm not sure they can win more than 9 games and if they beat Ga Tech that's 3 conf losses).
So I'm ver cautious and forgiving, but I'm starting to believe that only 8 wins like I predict and I'm not as excited about being a playoff contender the next year (which is no excuse) .

u0nZg.gif

Reactions: 9 people
2010 SCjr - 7-6

We have played Georgia tough for the last few years with a lot less talent. We have Georgia in Knoxville this year and I believe we beat them this year. If we knock off Oklahoma (and I believe we will) we can be in for a big year. Go Vols.

I still think we're a year away from winning the east, but I've been wrong before.

Didmt say we WOULD win the East but I cant keep making up reasons we only win 8 games. If this coaching staff is the real deal the OL will be serviceable and that's the only weak spot so there's no reason they don't beat mulitple good teams. I was only saying in regarda to winning the East is that if they lose to OU and wil 9 games that's likely a ticket to Atlanta.

2010 SCjr - 7-6

I'm gonna be honest, I read that 3 times and got dizzy! Is it just me?

But he didn't say a loss to tech he said a win!

I'm so confused.......

Yeah I deleted my post. I get what he is saying now. At least I understand that part I think.....

Edit: wait no... no I don't. I thought he was trying to say if they only win 9, and among those wins is a victory over GA Tech then that means the 3 losses were conference losses, but that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Yeah I deleted my post. I get what he is saying now. At least I understand that part I think.....

Haha, I've read it a couple more times and honestly am tryin my best to make sense of it.

I can't tell if he's sayin were gonna do good or if he's sayin were gonna suck. Cause I'm gettin mixed signals. Maybe it's bipolar I'm not sure.

Is he arguing with hisself?

This team MUST beat Florida this season. Period. It's a mental issue. Last season's loss to them - just like the loss to Vandy the previous year - was inexcusable.

By this logic, we should have won the east in 2010... or 2011... or 2012... or 2013... or 2014...

UF and OU will be two games that really tell us how this season is going to go. Losing to OU wouldn't be the end of the world, but as another poster said, we MUST beat UF. If we lose to OU we need to look good in the game and chalk it up to OU being just a little bit better.

I think we can win both games, however.

I do think a 9-3 mark this year is very attainable. Anything less than 8 is completely unacceptable.

I really hope we have a big season. But I think we're one more season away from really competing for the top spot in the SEC east.

VN Store

Back