Most Heisman runners up

volsfan125

VOL to the core
Tennessee has had 4 Heisman runners up with no winners
Manning 1997
Shuler 1993
Majors 1956
Lauricella 1951

My question is has any other school had more runners up than Tennessee with no winners? I have attempted to look it up but could not find any info.

Soooo... ESPN hates Tennessee, second only to Purdue?

Perhaps their hate for us is a slow burn whereas their hatred for Purdue was a white hot flash.

Four is more than three...the question was in runner up with no winners...not 3rd or 4th place combinations. I know Peyton finished in the top five when Wuerfell won also. We ain't losing to damn Purdue in anything ! :aggressive:

Four is more than three...the question was in runner up with no winners...not 3rd or 4th place combinations. I know Peyton finished in the top five when Wuerfell won also. We ain't losing to damn Purdue in anything ! :aggressive:

So we are the best of the losers here?

How the mighty have fallen.

Peyton should have won and its laughable he didn't.

All the other former Vol candidates finished about where they should have*

*to spare you a moment of outrage- Majors should have been 2nd, but to Jim Brown.

Alabama only recently won the award. Granted he was probably the least deserving player to ever win it. We will eventually have a player win it.

tennessee has had 4 heisman runners up with no winners
manning 1997 - should have won
shuler 1993 - should not have won
majors 1956 - should have won
lauricella 1951 - should have won

my question is has any other school had more runners up than tennessee with no winners? I have attempted to look it up but could not find any info.

imo

Soooo... ESPN hates Tennessee, second only to Purdue?

Perhaps their hate for us is a slow burn whereas their hatred for Purdue was a white hot flash.

When Jim Everett slapped Jim Rome silly for continuing to call him Chris Everett, wasn't Rome working for ESPN?

Alabama only recently won the award. Granted he was probably the least deserving player to ever win it. We will eventually have a player win it.

Got to admit: The Heisman ain't what it used to be!!! People don't really study anything, and the media now controls everything

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for reminding us of the trophies that were deserved but not awarded to UT by the :finger3: New York Downtown Athletic Club. :realmad:
Are there any other disappointments you can remind us of before the season starts?

Thanks for reminding us of the trophies that were deserved but not awarded to UT by the :finger3: New York Downtown Athletic Club. :realmad:
Are there any other disappointments you can remind us of before the season starts?

Wouldn't mind a thread about Travis Stephens losing the Doak Walker to a BYU RB who missed half the season with a broken leg. :good!:

Edit: Luke Staley played 11 games and set rushing marks for BYU before damaging his ankle... Back then I had heard he broke his leg earlier...bad research. :hi:

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind a thread about Travis Stephens losing the Doak Walker to a BYU RB who missed half the season with a broken leg. :good!:

He lost it to the running back from Air Force if I remember correctly. Mostly because it was voted on the week before the make up Florida game where he ran wild.

Tennessee has had 4 Heisman runners up with no winners
Manning 1997
Shuler 1993
Majors 1956
Lauricella 1951

My question is has any other school had more runners up than Tennessee with no winners? I have attempted to look it up but could not find any info.

Manning had his Heisman stolen by ESPN, and Paul pretty boy ND WITH A 2 AND 8 RECORD took Majors in 1956, think about it with a 2 and 8 record gave the Heisman to pretty boy paul because of where he played ND, thats BULL S@IT.:banghead2:

VN Store

Back