Numbers you don't mess with in the SEC

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee: 16

Another Manning making a mark in the SEC, Peyton Manning wore No. 16 while setting 42 NCAA, SEC and Tennessee records by the time his collegiate career concluded. He didn’t win the Heisman (he was runner-up in 1997) but won just about every other award possible. He finished his Volunteers career with 11,201 passing yards and was the school’s most prolific offensive player by the time he left Knoxville.

Numbers you don't mess with in the SEC - SEC Blog - ESPN

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee: 16

Another Manning making a mark in the SEC, Peyton Manning wore No. 16 while setting 42 NCAA, SEC and Tennessee records by the time his collegiate career concluded. He didn’t win the Heisman (he was runner-up in 1997) but won just about every other award possible. He finished his Volunteers career with 11,201 passing yards and was the school’s most prolific offensive player by the time he left Knoxville.

Numbers you don't mess with in the SEC - SEC Blog - ESPN

If I was an opposing offense this year I wouldn't mess with #9.

This'll put a smile on your face: every game, some poor SOB on the other team won't have that choice. He'll be told: son, you just gotta find a way to stop Barnett, or die trying.

That conversation's gonna happen in the film room of each of our opponents, every week. Thirteen to fifteen times over the course of the year.

Doesn't that just tug the corners of your mouth upward a bit? :)

Reactions: 4 people
This'll put a smile on your face: every game, some poor SOB on the other team won't have that choice. He'll be told: son, you just gotta find a way to stop Barnett, or die trying.

That conversation's gonna happen in the film room of each of our opponents, every week. Thirteen to fifteen times over the course of the year.

Doesn't that just tug the corners of your mouth upward a bit? :)

Or they'll say, "We can always use the guard to come over and help. The center should be fine with that freshman, #1". :dance2:

Reactions: 1 person
If I was an opposing offense this year I wouldn't mess with #9.
Undoubtably! Barring the unmentionable, Barnett's eventually going to pile up some sack and TFL numbers that'll stand out in the UT, SEC, NCAA and NFL record books; maybe not as well as the hallowed Mister Manning has, but he'll definitely be remembered as one of UT's greats. Helping him run up great numbers is the presence of Misters Maggitt, McKenzie, Tuttle, Phillips, Weatherd, Butcher............and the list goes on............of players worthy of double-teams, freeing him up to dawg walk (quoting K-Mac) those OTs up to and over quivering qbs. Since I've been watching football (born in 1950), I've not seen UT with the opportunities of such a favorable schedule (for the SEC) due to some obvious positional question marks and game location circumstances. The golden ring is there for the grabbing. UT's offense is going to keep the D fresher, as will the fact that, although coyly hidden by CBJ, the team's overall lineup is deceptively deep. Much of that supposed youth is supplanted by early trial-by-fire experience. This team's special and Barnett's an especially gifted DE, and his numbers are going to make the record books. We may have some other record-breakers on this roster, too. Book-book-book it.

Reactions: 1 person
2 . . . 2

I'm not putting them together because there's no telling what mindblowing s**t might happen.

VN Store

Back