Barrett Sallee predicts Barnett as defensive POY

An oppurtunity to play bama twice in one season. I believe that would be a first for us...and winning both would make 119 a Tennessee legend.

Reactions: 9 people
So if we kick Bama's tooth in the first time, what will we kick in the second time we play? They will be toothless!

Reactions: 12 people
I'd be happy just beating them once this season to end the streak. Twice would be epic, especially if the second time is for the best title on the planet, a SEC Championship.

Nice. If anyone remembers the movie "Jarhead".......well, I think I just felt something move.

BR has a nice shot of Barnett that I will be using in the near future.

An oppurtunity to play bama twice in one season. I believe that would be a first for us...and winning both would make 119 a Tennessee legend.

Definitely would not be a first.

I certainly don't recall ever playing Bama twice in one year. I don't think it has ever happened.

Actually it would be a first. Tennessee has made 5 SEC title game appearances. Again Auburn twice, LSU twice, and Miss St. once. So meeting Alabama twice in a year would be a first.:good!:

Everyone but Penetraltor is right. It has never happened.

Until the advent of the 4-game playoff, there was no chance of two SEC teams meeting in bowls, and the only other opportunity would be the SEC CG ... which, as Vet points out, we've never done in the five times Tennessee has gone.

So yeah, it would be an awesome...and legendary...first for us. CannonVol, you are dead accurate. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Barnett is the best defensive player in the conference imo. Great pass rusher. Stout against the run, and has even shown to tackle well in space. Great motor and strong!

So yeah I can see this happening .

Reactions: 2 people
Everyone but Penetraltor is right. It has never happened.

Until the advent of the 4-game playoff, there was no chance of two SEC teams meeting in bowls, and the only other opportunity would be the SEC CG ... which, as Vet points out, we've never done in the five times Tennessee has gone.

So yeah, it would be an awesome...and legendary...first for us. CannonVol, you are dead accurate. Go Vols!

Unless you're talking about playing Bama in Atlanta, that is wrong. 2004 Auburn says hello.

Never mind. I see how the full conversation was going.

VN Store

Back