Tennessee Has 'Moved On' From Williams

Him and AJ may have threw not only the football careers but their entire lives away. If convicted they deserve whatever sentence they get.

Reactions: 1 person
Him and AJ may have threw not only the football careers but their entire lives away. If convicted they deserve whatever sentence they get.

Wow. Some people are just heartless. First and foremost convicted doesn't always mean someone did it. There are many innocent men who have been convicted in court only to be exonerated after spending years in jail. Lets hope for the best for all parties involved and for justice to take its course.

I'm bothered by the blood lust so many on here have at mere allegations. Unless you were there, I don't get why you want to see young men having their lives ruined before it even begins.

Reactions: 21 people
Wow. Some people are just heartless. First and foremost convicted doesn't always mean someone did it. There are many innocent men who have been convicted in court only to be exonerated after spending years in jail. Lets hope for the best for all parties involved and for justice to take its course.

I'm bothered by the blood lust so many on here have at mere allegations. Unless you were there, I don't get why you want to see young men having their lives ruined before it even begins.
This has been argued to no end already and there will never be an end to the argument. The post that you are quoting actually seems to express sorrow and frustration for the accused.

Reactions: 2 people
This has been argued to no end already and there will never be an end to the argument. The post that you are quoting actually seems to express sorrow and frustration for the accused.

I think his comment was based more in neutrality than something like dduncan's post that read more like a guilty verdict.

While conviction is key to the American justice system, it is more important that they are guilty. At this point, I'm unconvinced who the guilty parties may be.

Perhaps he used a poor choice of wording by saying convicted, but if they in fact did it yes their lives deserve to be ruined (and yes I know the truth may.never be known but I think the poster was saying if they are guilty).

Well we knew the accused and not the accuser. If one if your kids f's up royally you do feel sorrow and frustration for them, even if you want justice for whom they may have wronged.

No matter who did what or didn't do what it's a crap situation. I too hope justice is served, but knowing that I'll never know what truly happened I just have to hope that the justice system does get it right.

The Knox News article about this also said that Von Pearson was not in summer school at UT. It was an open article at first but now for subscribers only.

Its amazing how some will go the the ends of the earth to defend someone because they put on an orange jersey. If they did it and are convicted, I hope they are assaulted in prison every single day of their sentence.

Tell me you would make this same argument for a Bama player in the same circumstances, and do it with a straight face.

Reactions: 4 people

Some on here? Ever heard of the term "lynch mob?"

I agree with your last statement, but...

DNA and forensic testing should resolve most of the issues you mentioned in your 1st paragraph. There are some inner-city streets in this country that resemble the "wild wild west". Respect for justice, law and the folks trying to "serve and protect" needs to be restored.

Reactions: 3 people

DNA and forensic testing should resolve most of the issues you mentioned in your 1st paragraph. There are some inner-city streets in this country that resemble the "wild wild west". Respect for justice, law and the folks trying to "serve and protect" needs to be restored.

Best way I've heard it put.

Excellent post.

Taking responsibility for one's own actions is not as hard as some would make it out to be. Do what is right and good.

We got too much positive momentum going on to cater to rapist.......

I'm sorry, but momentum doesn't mean anything. If he's guilty, it shouldn't matter whether he is a star or a scrub, and it shouldn't matter whether we are in the national title hunt or whether we are looking to lose every game.

I'm surprised to see this attitude expressed so openly.

This guy became radioactive the minute he was accused. He has bigger problems to worry about than football right now and frankly UT doesn't need to be associated with alleged rapists.

You're absolutely correct, D4H. There's a caveat here, though, and you should agree that it totally makes sense. It's not VN nor the public in general who's decided these two aren't considered within UT's football future. It's Coach Jones and the athletic department as a whole. I'm sure that if there could be somewhat of a reasonable doubt that the young lady was making all this up, the powers-that-be would've made more of an effort to stand up for them. That's Butch's style. He stood by Pig because he felt the young man would work out in the end. He was right then and, unfortunately, I'll give HIM the benefit of his judgment to move on from this debacle. Let's, indeed, pray for justice for all.

VN Store

Back