John Kelly to join Vols later this summer

kamoshika

Kelly said he learned this week that he wouldn’t be able to join the Vols in time to begin summer classes Monday along with many other members of Tennessee’s 2015 recruiting class, at least in part because he’s not scheduled to graduate until next weekend.

“I just definitely found it out this week. … I think it was, like, a school thing, really. Our graduation is not until next week,” said Kelly, who was ranked the nation’s No. 537 overall prospect and No. 39 athlete in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class. “I was just hoping that they were just going to let me leave early."

Kelly to join Vols later this summer

Reactions: 1 person
I'll sleep well tonight.
It would've been nice for Kelly to have been an EE and gobbled up reps in the spring. Oh well. Once he's been well enough indoctrinated, JK just may fill in admirably for either Hurd or Kamara throughout games. 'Wish we had a couple more like him.

Reactions: 2 people
Huh? High school seniors take classes at UT then go back and graduate with their class. He's gonna miss a month of summer workouts and S&C.

Huh? High school seniors take classes at UT then go back and graduate with their class. He's gonna miss a month of summer workouts and S&C.

That's because they are early enrollee's who finished their high school coursework before their winter breaks of senior year. Kelly, presumably has not done so (which is completely normal)

Reactions: 3 people

Doug Mathews hinted this morning that it likely had more to do with when some schools handle their administrative business ...in particular when they choose to send transcripts....said there is a lot of variability.

I was an early enrollee, so I know the drill and it's a pretty easy process. I've never heard of a high school not expediting paperwork for a student wanting to enroll in summer session. That extra month matters for a player we are counting on for critical depth. Unless, of course, the coaches think Kelly is way down the depth chart behind RDAIV, Young, Bruce and others (Berry?) we might try at RB.

does anyone know who has already arrived on campus for the summer?I think that Kahlil will be in the first of this coming week(because Calif. graduates late);but,are there any others besides John Kelly who won't be here till second session or later?I haven't een able to read posts for the last three days.Thanks for any info in advance.GBO

does anyone know who has already arrived on campus for the summer?I think that Kahlil will be in the first of this coming week(because Calif. graduates late);but,are there any others besides John Kelly who won't be here till second session or later?I haven't een able to read posts for the last three days.Thanks for any info in advance.GBO

No I don't. but always hold my breath.. Really want to see Martins name as in school and working.. This kids got serious game changing talent.. Always worry with jucos though.. GBO

Kahlil doesn't graduate until late next week, but he'll be on campus 6/8. Not sure why John Kelly can't make it until July... and why he just found out. Hopefully, it's not an academic issue.

I was an early enrollee, so I know the drill and it's a pretty easy process. I've never heard of a high school not expediting paperwork for a student wanting to enroll in summer session. That extra month matters for a player we are counting on for critical depth. Unless, of course, the coaches think Kelly is way down the depth chart behind RDAIV, Young, Bruce and others (Berry?) we might try at RB.
Having graduated HS back in 1969, such a procedure was unheard of, but it's an excellent idea and there shouldn't be anything wrong with assisting a student in improving their careers...academic or otherwise. However, I gave you a "like" more because I like the "Next year is here" you added under your moniker. BTW, since I lived in Los Angeles (Venice and Hollywood Hills) for 18 years, is the LA before Vol portion for the City of Angels...or Louisiana?

“Tennessee was the place for me. I love the coaching staff, I love the facilities and I love the people,” Kelly said.

“That’s what really won me over was the people there. Anybody can have some nice buildings, but it’s the people inside the buildings that make the place a little bit better.”
Scout

VN Store

Back