Tennessee football was killed by Gary Danielson.

Aesius

Gary Danielson took over for Todd Blackledge as the color analyst on CBS's SEC programming in 2006.

The first game he ever called with Verne Lundquist on CBS was Tennessee vs. Florida. The Vols lost 21-20.

The next Tennessee game he called was the Alabama game that year. The Vols won 16-13.

Since that day, Oct. 21, 2006, Tennessee has not won a SINGLE GAME called by Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson.

In fact, Tennessee is an astounding 3-21 on CBS since then (3-24 if you go back to 2005, which was pre-Gary), and all three of the games we actually won on that network were called by the "B" team of commentators (including UGA and UK in 2007). Never Gary and Verne. And since the end of the 2007 season, the only game we have won on CBS was against a 4-8 Ole Miss team in 2010.

Forget Fulmer making a deal with the devil for the 1998 championship. Forget Rohan Davey and his mother cursing the Vols during the 2001 season. Forget Lane Kiffin dumping us in the middle of the night and Derek Dooley piledriving the program nearly 6 feet under Shields-Watkins field.

The real reason for our suckage is Gary Danielson. This is irrefutable fact. He must be removed from all CBS programming in order for the Vols to return to relevance in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 41 people
You may be on to something here! We should start a fund to get Sean McDonough and Terry Donahue back on CBS. They called almost every game in '98.

...and now the real problem here may be Verne? Gary Danielson called our big road win over Miami in 2003 for ABC. Yeah, it's Verne.

Reactions: 4 people
When you look at the forum list, all I saw was "Gary Danielson killed". I thought this was going to be a much different thread.

Reactions: 11 people
I vote for Sean McDonough as Gary's replacement.

"Oh my goodness!!! He stumbled and fumbled!!!"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWl3cg-gdD8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people

McDonough is a play by play guy, so he wouldn't replace Danielson.

And now every time I type or say Danielson, I have the sudden urge to watch The Karate Kid.

Reactions: 5 people
When you look at the forum list, all I saw was "Gary Danielson killed". I thought this was going to be a much different thread.

Lol. I changed the thread title. Not showing up in the thread list, though. Guess a mod has to change it.

Gary Danielson took over for Todd Blackledge as the color analyst on CBS's SEC programming in 2006.

The first game he ever called with Verne Lundquist on CBS was Tennessee vs. Florida. The Vols lost 21-20.

The next Tennessee game he called was the Alabama game that year. The Vols won 16-13.

Since that day, Oct. 21, 2006, Tennessee has not won a SINGLE GAME called by Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson.

In fact, Tennessee is an astounding 3-21 on CBS since then (3-24 if you go back to 2005, which was pre-Gary), and all three of the games we actually won on that network were called by the "B" team of commentators (including UGA and UK in 2007). Never Gary and Verne. And since the end of the 2007 season, the only game we have won on CBS was against a 4-8 Ole Miss team in 2010.

Forget Fulmer making a deal with the devil for the 1998 championship. Forget Rohan Davey and his mother cursing the Vols during the 2001 season. Forget Lane Kiffin dumping us in the middle of the night and Derek Dooley piledriving the program nearly 6 feet under Shields-Watkins field.

The real reason for our suckage is Gary Danielson. This is irrefutable fact. He must be removed from all CBS programming in order for the Vols to return to relevance in the SEC.

Sounds pretty much scientific. :geek:

Reactions: 1 person
Just to take this thread in a somewhat serious direction for a moment. It would be cool if Charles Davis worked for either CBS or ESPN and could call our games. He frequently mentions playing for "John T. Majors" on his telecasts.

Bring ME back...Sweet Cheeks!

1Ron-Franklin.jpg

Reactions: 14 people
We need Franklin back and miss Adrian Karsten sideline reporter (RIP)

Or let Dave(Neal), Dave(Archer) and Dave (sideline guy)

If we can get rid of Penn Wagers, why can't we get rid of Verne????

Reactions: 1 person

Guess "he stumbled and fumbled" is a little catchier than "he stumbled because Billy Ratliffe ate his right guard's lunch and threw him into the backfield, thereby by causing him to trip over said guard's foot....and fumbled".

We need Franklin back and miss Adrian Karsten sideline reporter (RIP)

Or let Dave(Neal), Dave(Archer) and Dave (sideline guy)

If we can get rid of Penn Wagers, why can't we get rid of Verne????

The old JP broadcasts of SEC games were a disgrace to television.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back