Shields-Watkins getting new grass?

NeylandStadiumBum

I thought I saw someone post a photo inside Neyland yesterday and there was nothing but soil in the field. Anyone know anything about this?

The Ag school rents it out as a cow pasture after the spring Q&W game to help fertilize it. Should be fine by September.

I bet it has spring deadspot. You do not see it till the Berumuda has popped. With the cold wet winter Tn has this past year does not suprise me. Look at you local Golf Courses you will see sod covering spots here and there. I have seen this many years in Atlanta Managing Golf Courses.

Grass don't grow on Rocky Top ........ Ground is too Rocky by far ......... That's why folks on Rocky Top, Get their grass from a far...... WOOO!

Reactions: 42 people
Not surprised... CBJ is serious about having the best playing surface possible and last season it fell way short of that.

Reactions: 1 person
Grass don't grow on Rocky Top ........ Ground is too Rocky by far ......... That's why folks on Rocky Top, Get their grass from a far...... WOOO!

All good...'cept for there is NO "WOO" in Rocky Top...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9prNixjbg[/youtube]

Reactions: 5 people
Here's a picture I took earlier.

IMG_0305.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing artificial turf put back in again. They just look so colorful. I love the look of Mizzou's field. The field at Neyland would look realllly good with a GIANT orange T with a white border at midfield. That would compliment the checkers in the end zone.

Reactions: 3 people
IMG_0285.jpg

I so hope they are planning on eventually encompassing the entire outside of Neyland with brick. The parts that are already finished make the "erector set" portions of the stadium look so terrible. That picture almost looks like the stadium is still under construction.

IMG_0285.jpg

I so hope they are planning on eventually encompassing the entire outside of Neyland with brick. The parts that are already finished make the "erector set" portions of the stadium look so terrible. That picture almost looks like the stadium is still under construction.

That side is finished.

Is that really from this week? The field looked amazing during the O&W game. Seems like the sod was just replaced last spring. Doubt they will go to turf after spending all of the money on the new grow light system they bought.

VN Store

Back