SEC schools share NCAA-record $435M

unconventional
Southeastern Conference to distribute record $435M in revenue to member schools

The Southeastern Conference will distribute $435 million out of an NCAA-record $455 million in revenues between its 14 institutions, sources told ESPN on Friday.

Each league member will receive $31.07 million -- an increase of more than $10 million per school from last year's payout of $20.9 million per school.

The Big 12 will distribute "north of $250 million," sources told ESPN.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h36OGYBWVs[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Does this mean that we'll finally have a decent reserved, or is all that cash already earmarked?

We still have something like $1.5M to pay off the rest of Doofus' contract, I think...but $31M in revenue seems like it should cover it and still leave a bit for good stuff. :)

I would imagine the financiers of the AD's office have known for a while now generally how much we could expect to get, so it has certainly already been rolled into an updated budget. But when they first found out about the significant increase over last year's share, I'll bet that allowed them to start suggesting some nice new projects to Hart and Butch. :good!:

Last edited:
Does this mean that we'll finally have a decent reserved, or is all that cash already earmarked?

Cheeks likes to invest on the roulette wheel in Vegas. :)

I say share it with all of us fans!!! I'll take mine in a gift card please!! :dance2:

But expansion (and getting a conference network) is a bad thing; it will ruin the conference.

:)

Every player on each SEC team should get $5,000.00 pocket change. Change the rules to allow it.

Every player on each SEC team should get $5,000.00 pocket change. Change the rules to allow it.

Yea.lord knows that would work out really well. Our attrition rate would increase dramatically and they would still be broke and saying they get 5k out of the hundreds of millions they apparently single handedly make this university.

Every player on Tennessee's roster is about to start receiving $5000+ annually with the new "cost of attendance" rule. Check.

"The Big 12 will distribute 'north of $250 million,' sources told ESPN." That will be north of $30 million for each of the 8 teams in the "12" (unless Texas takes it all). About he same as the SEC allotments.

Nice money, I guess??? The BIG XII schools got 27mm@ for only Tier 1&2 games. Tiny little Baylor's Tier 3 games brought in another 7mm and the LHN brought in 15mm for Texass
Guess Slive didn't tell you about that?

Nice money, I guess??? The BIG XII schools got 27mm@ for only Tier 1&2 games. Tiny little Baylor's Tier 3 games brought in another 7mm and the LHN brought in 15mm for Texass
Guess Slive didn't tell you about that?

Centimetre Peter? :crazy:

Figure out how to spend 31 million dollars a year in order to still call yourself a nonprofit.

Oh, the life of an AD executive.

We still have something like $1.5M to pay off the rest of Doofus' contract, I think...but $31M in revenue seems like it should cover it and still leave a bit for good stuff. :)

I would imagine the financiers of the AD's office have known for a while now generally how much we could expect to get, so it has certainly already been rolled into an updated budget. But when they first found out about the significant increase over last year's share, I'll bet that allowed them to start suggesting some nice new projects to Hart and Butch. :good!:

Thank You SEC Network!!

More DVDs, big screen tv's, trips to hooters, new rims for the car. Oh yeah rent, etc... That's what the "pell grant" got us in the mid 90's.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back