Singing Rocky Top throughout the Stadium as a fanbase

SpiritOfNeyland

Hey everyone---

Last year we did the checkerboard...I think this year I would like to start up something cool---if we could all synchronize at say 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter and get the entire stadium to sing Rocky Top in its entirety without the band's help or any music being piped in---I think it could create a really awesome environment.

Reactions: 4 people
I really like this idea, because that's what we've really been missing, is an opportunity to sing Rocky Top while in Neyland Stadium. Both thumbs up! :good!: :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Cool. My idea is the standing wave .. once the wave has gotten good momentum on the 3rd time around, when it gets to you stand , scream and continue to stand and scream until the entire stadium is up standing and screaming...

The band is very strategic is drowning out the other teams band when needed. You could see the other band firing up to be a jackass

Cool. My idea is the standing wave .. once the wave has gotten good momentum on the 3rd time around, when it gets to you stand , scream and continue to stand and scream until the entire stadium is up standing and screaming...

How about Butch giving the finger and dropping an f bomb on the Jumbotron to the other coach at the end of the 3rd

Reactions: 7 people
OP, one of the big problems is finding 100,000 people that know the words to Rocky Top.

Most fans only know the chorus and (for the love of Pete) the Woo.

Anyway, it sounds like a ripoff of Country Roads.

I think we are booing the other team. I feel like that makes more sense

But it's our band playing the other team's fight song at that point.

It's one of the pride's traditions to do that, as a significance or showing of southern hospitality.

Even if we're booing the "idea" of the other team, etc., it still kind of comes off as us booing our band.

Reactions: 3 people
But it's our band playing the other team's fight song at that point.

It's one of the pride's traditions to do that, as a significance or showing of southern hospitality.

Even if we're booing the "idea" of the other team, etc., it still kind of comes off as us booing our band.

I think playing the visitor's fight song is classy and booing their team coming onto the field classless. There is nothing intimidating about it anyway and just shows the classless of our student section. People get on here and say other schools do it. But we should not act like other schools. We are Tennessee!

If the offense and defense returns to the glory days of the '90's, we won't need any gimmicks to fire up the crowd. Wooooooooooooo.

I think playing the visitor's fight song is classy and booing their team coming onto the field classless. There is nothing intimidating about it anyway and just shows the classless of our student section. People get on here and say other schools do it. But we should not act like other schools. We are Tennessee!

Anytime we do crap like that or throwing things at the opponents fans or team, we're lowering ourselves to their level. That is, if they are known for doing those things.

Hey everyone---

Last year we did the checkerboard...I think this year I would like to start up something cool---if we could all synchronize at say 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter and get the entire stadium to sing Rocky Top in its entirety without the band's help or any music being piped in---I think it could create a really awesome environment.

But the only problem with that is Rocky Top will be played 1,000 times before the time you want it to happen. :clapping::eek:lol:

The throwing stuffing I agree with. There's no place for it. However, after attending sporting events for 43 years a "boo" doesn't bother me nearly as much as things I've heard and been called at other places.

Before we can possibly begin to discuss this in any detail we're going to need to know your position on the most important of Tennessee traditions.

Are you Pro Woo or No Woo?

VN Store

Back