Matt Simms released by Jets

Nothing but respect for Simms. He played hard and gave it everything he had. Going back and watching.some of his gms at TN it reminds me of Worley. Both of them took some hard knocks and beatings in their carrer. Simms never complained and never threw none of his teammates under the bus. Really wish his pro career would have worked out.

Reactions: 11 people
If he never suits up again, he still made it a lot farther than I ever thought he would. Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do.

Reactions: 3 people
The kid played lights out against LSU and nearly pulled the upset. Hope he makes a roster

Tbh I think the Jets should have gave him a few starts. He couldn't be any more unpredictable than Geno Smith.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he will catch on somehwere as a #3 QB. If not, he has enough NFL experience to start a career as assistant coach.

He was tied at the half against Chip Kelly's Quack Attack. The entire Vol team came out dead in the 2nd half and they blew us out. I ain't mad at him. Wish him nothing but the best.

He may be the worlds best person for all I know, but in terms of praising him on the field? lol

Dude is terrible and the only reason he's in the NFL is because of his father.

Tyler Bray came in and was immediately 10x better than Simms as a freshman. Yes, I know, the competition was easier, but Tyler was better at every single aspect of the game.

Matt was a bad QB.

Reactions: 2 people
Probably would have been a stud for us under a better coach

I know you're taking the Dooley angle with your post but Chaney is a pretty damn good OC. No one seemed to mind when Bray was slinging it all over the field during the last part of 2010.

I hope we can get him to come back as a GA. He earned that after getting ripped for most of the season behind an OL full of freshmen. Justin Worley too for that matter, that is if they are interested in coaching.

I was pulling for him. Impressive he made it this far. Hope he catches on somewhere else.

This. I never would have thought he'd last this long, and he still could end up a 3rd stringer on another team, or maybe join Crompton in the CFL.

After watching Sims play at UT I'm surprised he was even ever considered in the NFL, they obviously saw something in Sim's I missed?
I didn't consider Sims a good college QB, much less an NFL QB, but sorry it didn't work out Matt.

He may be the worlds best person for all I know, but in terms of praising him on the field? lol

Tyler Bray came in and was immediately 10x better than Simms as a freshman. Yes, I know, the competition was easier, but Tyler was better at every single aspect of the game.

Matt was a bad QB.

There was a couple of things Simms was better at. 1. He gave his all for Tennessee. 2. He wasn't a cry baby and 3. He didn't make stupid decisions off the field. On top of that they both have done the same in the NFL...a whole bunch of nothing

Reactions: 5 people
I'll be pulling for him. Compton, Simms, and Worley will always be 3 Vols I have the utmost respect for the way they've handled difficult situations. Not one of them ever complained or threw their teammates/coaches under the bus. They're all high character guys.

Reactions: 1 person
Still chaps my ass the way he bashed Bray about throwing picks after he was replaced the first game.

Matt was a bad QB.

Pro Football teams do not shell out hundreds of thousands of $$ because your dad was a legend for your rival that you share a stadium with. I'm very happy Matt made the run he did. Good for him.

Reactions: 3 people
I got green money that says somebody signs him in the next few days. The league is desperate for QBs who have been groomed in a pro style offense.
Simms has 3 years under him in a dysfunctional environment and actually brings live game experience with him. The Pats for example dont have a backup for
Garoppolo. I think Simms would thrive in New England, plus he can bring a playbook with him from a hated rival. Yep, makes sense.

... Dude is terrible and the only reason he's in the NFL is because of his father

#1 I find it strange that an in-city rival of the team his father played for would be so influenced by one of thousands of ex-NFL players.

#2 Were his father so influential and powerful that he could vicariously control professional team rosters, then I find it even more strange that Matt was benched on a college team in order to start a freshman. His dad ranted to reporters about it and he was still benched.

#3 Matt Simms just got cut after a new batch of QBs are in. His father (and brother) is still an ex-NFLer. So if his dad was the reason he was playing THEN, then why is he not still playing NOW?

#4 Finally, for a pro team with a horrific offense, a 4-12 record, a fired HC, and absence from the playoffs for 2-3 seasons, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they would sandbag ANY roster spot in order to please the emotions of somebody's daddy. So color me totally confused by your comment.

But, you can educate me and I'll be glad to hear it. Could you provide a link to your above "reason"? Any reputable evidence to this accusation would be welcome.

If you can't provide such, then I'll just assume you are making a baseless and ignorant accusation. TIA

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back