Football donations on record pace...

engineerVOL

Super Bowl Champs, again!
@JimmyHyams: UT AD Dave Hart said UT has sold out its Skyboxes, club seats and terrace seats. He also said UT fund is on pace to set record for donations

Slaying it!

Reactions: 10 people
I bought my 2015 season tickets today. They were the cheap ones, but I'm sure every little bit helps

Reactions: 1 person
Butch has brought our program back from the dead. The excitement and all around vibe surrounding us hasn't been this intense in at least a decade.

Reactions: 3 people
WERE-BACK.gif

Reactions: 3 people
What's the deal with the "donations" that you pay when getting season tickets? There's the "price" of the seat, then the "donation." And since it doesn't really seem to be voluntary, I'm thinking "donation" is a euphemism for something else?

Can anyone clarify this mystery to a VN newcomer? Thanks!

What's the deal with the "donations" that you pay when getting season tickets? There's the "price" of the seat, then the "donation." And since it doesn't really seem to be voluntary, I'm thinking "donation" is a euphemism for something else?

The "donation" is tax deductible. Tickets aren't for individuals.

Similar to the "donation" you make when you adopt a pet from the shelter.

Donation is a euphemism for capital improvements, funded scholarships, better practice facilities, coaches salaries, weight rooms, stadium improvements, etc.:hi:

Butch has brought our program back from the dead. The excitement and all around vibe surrounding us hasn't been this intense in at least a decade.

This.

It's not a winning season that is doing it. 7-6 is a failure by Vol standards. Jones even has a losing record at UT at this point!

But the excitement level and the expectations that Jones has created of this season and future winning seasons i$ what'$ happening.

This.

It's not a winning season that is doing it. 7-6 is a failure by Vol standards. Jones even has a losing record at UT at this point!

But the excitement level and the expectations that Jones has created of this season and future winning seasons i$ what'$ happening.

Frank Beamer had an overall losing record for the first seven or eight years of his tenure at VT... I'll bet VT is pretty glad they stuck with him. Jones has the ship sailing in the proper direction again. I'm not sure if it will be this year or next but it most assuredly IS happening...

Reactions: 1 person
Along with hospitals and power companies being listed as non profit.

Charities are one type of a not-for-profit organization. Many utility companies would be a different type of NFP (some utilitiy companies are for profit companies). Private country clubs are another type of NFP. Some banks, insurance companies, and even some stores (REI) are set up as NFPs. Charities are not-for-profits, not all not-for-profits are charities.

Along with hospitals and power companies being listed as non profit.

I have never seen how a hospital qualifies as non-profit. They just hide or "redistribute" the profit. Most of the larger corporate systems are reaping greater profits with the implementation of Obamacare and creating conditions to drive the smaller rural hospitals out of business.

Every legitimate non-profit hospital no longer exists. They went bankrupt.

Knoxville police get in on the game day ticket pricing and taxes, I forget the cost for the game day that UT pays...but its a lot.

VN Store

Back