5 Former top recruits who will shine in 2015

Danny O'Brien? Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. And I think he is a solid DT. But if he sees 50% of the reps on defense I will be surprised. I expect Kahlil to be on the field 90% of defensive snaps. Not to mention Shy Tuttle and Owen Williams will steal even more snaps away.

Danny O'Brien? Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. And I think he is a solid DT. But if he sees 50% of the reps on defense I will be surprised. I expect Kahlil to be on the field 90% of defensive snaps. Not to mention Shy Tuttle and Owen Williams will steal even more snaps away.

Nobody on the DL plays 90% of the snaps

Reactions: 12 people

I think O'Brien will be a much bigger factor on this line than people seem to think.

Reactions: 4 people
I do think Danny O'Brien will have a big year. I think that we have 4 or 5 DT's that will play a similar amount each game.

Reactions: 1 person
With more depth at DT.. this may open Danny O's game up related to being more rested with rotation and also being able to feed off the momentum of the DT's playing. I got high hopes for Danny and the crew this year.

Reactions: 2 people
This kid is not on the list but I think Corey Vereen is ready to have a big season. He's added some more weight to his frame which is going to help him be a lot more physical. Same goes for Danny O'Brien.

guess what? That's not how you judge a DT

You are correct sir. Apparently people don't understand what a gap filler is. That's all most DT do in a 3-4. I don't think Kahlil McKenzie had a tackle in the us army all American game but he was consistently double/tripled team.

I think O'Brien will be a much bigger factor on this line than people seem to think.

If you see these freshman playing a lot of snaps, then you will know this is not our year. They may have the size and talent but in this league experience counts. Even the great Reggie White got schooled as a freshman.

You are correct sir. Apparently people don't understand what a gap filler is. That's all most DT do in a 3-4. I don't think Kahlil McKenzie had a tackle in the us army all American game but he was consistently double/tripled team.

Tennessee never played a 3-4 defense last year. And I agree O'Brien is a great gap filler.

If you see these freshman playing a lot of snaps, then you will know this is not our year. They may have the size and talent but in this league experience counts. Even the great Reggie White got schooled as a freshman.

Poor example as RW was 235 lbs when he left Howard HS. He filled out while at UT.

If McKenzie is on the field for 90% of the defensive snaps we will be in big trouble.

I agree on Danny O as being a good player who really plays hard. I will admit, however, if he had gotten flagged for a personal foul at the end of South Carolina game I would like him a whole lot less. I know emotions run high, but that "no call" changed our season.

I was really hoping Blair would be on the list, but if you read the comments below the article, Brad Shepard says he thinks Blair doesn't have what it takes to be a starter. I had high hopes for Blair when he signed

And a lot of penetration

VN Store

Back