Two things I wanting to see from Team 119

Bvols48

First: A team that's in the game from start to finish. Win the games they are supposed to win (big) and win some they are picked to lose. 9/3 with a bowl win would be good.

Second: When the networks show highlights of games I want the Vols to be the ones being chased not the ones doing the chasing, or the ones being run over by the other team. Don't know about the rest of Volnation I'm tired of the Vols being on ever one's highlights.

Going to be a long 100 days. GO VOLS

Reactions: 7 people
Would you guys take another 7-5 if 2 of those wins were crushing beat downs on national TV of UF and Bama? Honestly, I'd consider it. Especially if we won a bowl to go 8-5 on the year

Would you guys take another 7-5 if 2 of those wins were crushing beat downs on national TV of UF and Bama? Honestly, I'd consider it.

I'd take 6-6 and a bowl loss if we were guaranteed blowout wins over those two teams.

Reactions: 5 people
Used to be, around here, we'd say 1-10 as long as that one was Alabama.

Wow! That's some serious rival hatred. You've earned my respect.

Honestly, if the team isn't in position to either win the SEC or make the playoffs (and we're still a year away from that IMO), why not maximize the season's entertainment value?

I could live through another offseason with nothing but highlights of victories over UF and Bama to sustain me.

I would never sacrifice any wins in 2016 and beyond because I think we'll have a real chance at making noise, but beating our two biggest rivals and still making a bowl wouldn't be detrimental to our progress and people would remember those wins far more than anything else that happens.

Honestly, if the team isn't in position to either win the SEC or make the playoffs (and we're still a year away from that IMO), why not maximize the season's entertainment value?

I could live through another offseason with nothing but highlights of victories over UF and Bama to sustain me.

I would never sacrifice any wins in 2016 and beyond because I think we'll have a real chance at making noise, but beating our two biggest rivals and still making a bowl wouldn't be detrimental to our progress and people would remember those wins far more than anything else that happens.

I think I mostly agree with this.

First: A team that's in the game from start to finish. Win the games they are supposed to win (big) and win some they are picked to lose. 9/3 with a bowl win would be good....

I think there's a chance (not guaranteed, but a chance) that Tennessee will be 9-3 if we do nothing but win the games we're picked to win.

We'll be favored over BGSU, W.Carolina, Kentucky, NTexas, USCe, and Vandy for sure. Likely Florida as well, since oddsmakers don't feel the curse like KB does, hehe. Quite possibly Mizzou as well, and just maybe, Arkansas (primarily because the game's in Knoxville).

So if we win the games we're supposed to win, and win some we're picked to lose, we could easily go 10-2 or 11-1.

That'd be nice. I agree with you, I'd like to see that in 2015, too. :eek:k:

Reactions: 1 person
Home field advantage and a strong start means we are likely to be favored in at least 9 games. Winning the games we are favored to win puts the floor at 9-3. An early L to Okla could change that, but a W against Okla will have us ranked Top 20 and favored against UF and Arky. IDT 9-3 is a stretch at all, especially since we get some of our toughest games in Neyland. UT-UGA will be for the East, IMO, and while the Dawgs might have a slight edge in talent, we have home field, an experienced QB and a D that can slow down Chubb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dear Lord,

If I could have ONE thing for our 2015 Season please show me an offensive line that has progressed to serviceable, and an injury free season. We can handle the rest.

Thanks

Vol Nation

Reactions: 2 people
Dear Lord,

If I could have ONE thing for our 2015 Season please show me an offensive line that has progressed to serviceable, and an injury free season. We can handle the rest.

Thanks

Vol Nation

I am pretty confident the OL part will happen. As for the injuries ... we can only hope and pray.

I agree the Vol's have been the highlight goat for far too long, the tables are now turned and someone else will have to be the goat.
Go Vol's

1) Beat Bama...
2) Beat Bama again.. SEC Championship!

that is all..
Bammer has a lot of issues IMO. They'll be good, just not good enough to win the West. Saban has yet to figure out his offense has been scoring enough points to win every game. He's supposedly a defensive genius yet the last 3 or 4 seasons good spread type offenses with the mobile QB roll up points almost at will against him. His ego IMO will not allow him to change and is the reason Manziel and others most recently OSU are able to compile gaudy offensive stats against his defense. I think we are well suited to take it to the Tide this year and will destroy them Dobbs Sr year barring an injury. Chances are Dobbs will see those guys 4 times and he wasn't skeered the first two, so I feel good about our chances against them.

Last edited:
Bammer has a lot of issues IMO. They'll be good, just not good enough to win the West. Saban has yet to figure out his offense has been scoring enough points to win every game. He's supposedly a defensive genius yet the last 3 or 4 seasons good spread type offenses with the mobile QB roll up points almost at will against him. His ego IMO will not allow him to change and is the reason Manziel and others most recently OSU are able to compile gaudy offensive stats against his defense. I think we are well suited to take it to the Tide this year and will destroy them Dobbs Sr year barring an injury. Chances are Dobbs will see those guys 4 times and he wasn't skeered the first two, so I feel good about our chances against them.

So.. Beat Bama!!

Butch and Team 118 already showed me something that turned me into a believer.

A few years back we hosted Oregon, and played them tough for a couple of quarters. But early in the 3rd, the Oregon running back broke a long one for 6. It took that teams heart. They literally quit and the rout was on.

Team 118 faced many times when they could have quit. Oklahoma, they fought to the end, believing against everything they could win it. Florida, even though they couldn't protect Worley, played like they were not going to quit. Nothing like a rout. Same for Georgia. Bama comes out and breaks a long one on a silly pass out to the sideline to Cooper, and we fought back. All game.

CBJ has these kids fighting for every minute, every inch. That's football... Winning football.

I have no doubt Team 119 will have that same kind of fight. What I want now is consistency from the offensive line and build our depth so that we don't have a lot of mental mistakes when we rotate players.

The winning will come. I believe that after I saw the heart of Team 118.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back