QB scenarios? what's likely?

madbamahater

We all know Dobbs is the man going into the summer and season. My feeling is that Jennings moves to another position. Would you and could you redshirt both Dormady and Jones, only lifting redshirt if there is a reason (which I'm not even going to mention)?

It would be ideal and wonderful to have Jones and Dormady heading into '16 as redshirt freshmen and redshirt Guarantano his freshman year.

I know kids want to play and play early and often. Can Butch create a culture of grooming and patience?

We all know Dobbs is the man going into the summer and season. My feeling is that Jennings moves to another position. Would you and could you redshirt both Dormady and Jones, only lifting redshirt if there is a reason (which I'm not even going to mention)?

It would be ideal and wonderful to have Jones and Dormady heading into '16 as redshirt freshmen and redshirt Guarantano his freshman year.

I know kids want to play and play early and often. Can Butch create a culture of grooming and patience?

I do not see Jones, Dormady and Jennings all red-shirting. I also do not see Jennings being moved until after the 2015 season if at all.

One of those 3, most likely Dormady will play this year in mop up duty. I do not see any way possible that Jones wants to go to 2016 with Dobbs being the only QB that has ever taken a snap in a game.

Reactions: 3 people
The only concern that I have is that Dobbs makes it throught the season injury free. If he does no one really cares who gets the game late. If he doesn't and goes down with an unfortunate injury, then everyone will care who the next guy up will be. I hope that Dobbs makes it throught the entire season injury free, and no one knows or cares who is the backup!

Reactions: 1 person
This is the SEC. We better have two reliable back up play callers ready to come in on every down. Air Dobbs will get banged up - it's inevitable. Just hope he doesn't have to sit out on too many plays.

Reactions: 1 person

No way i would redshirt both. Hobbs will be a Sr. next year and may, I don't think so, go pro after this year. If you have quality players, I would never leave myself with only one experienced QB. It is the most important position on the football team and depth must be established ASAP. In addition, we have very good QBs lined up in future years. No need to cut ourselves short when we have talent which needs to be developed.

Nice problem to have. Dormady seems to the early pick as backup but what little film I've seen on SJ is he plays like Dobbs. SJ will push QD for #2. JJ will be RS but no position move for now.

No way i would redshirt both. Hobbs will be a Sr. next year and may, I don't think so, go pro after this year. If you have quality players, I would never leave myself with only one experienced QB. It is the most important position on the football team and depth must be established ASAP. In addition, we have very good QBs lined up in future years. No need to cut ourselves short when we have talent which needs to be developed.

Hobbs...Roy Hobbs - we have the Natural as our starting QB - I am more pumped about this year than ever!

Reactions: 2 people
This is the SEC. We better have two reliable back up play callers ready to come in on every down. Air Dobbs will get banged up - it's inevitable. Just hope he doesn't have to sit out on too many plays.

This.....

At least one of them should play this year, looks like Dormady at this point, but I think Sheriron Jones will make it a competition.

You have to burn one of the FR's Redshirt. We are already putting a lot of eggs in the Dobbs basket.

VN Store

Back