What Tennessee Radio Shows/Apps do you listen to?

tenmanjonez

I'm heading over to Knoxville tomorrow from Raleigh, as a stop on the way to Memphis Friday for an internship. I used to listen to Ainge and then Swain, but when they took Ainge off, I kind of lost interest. Regardless of what you thought of the quality of Ainge's show, what apps can I use to stream shows around the 10am-5pm block of time that I'll be in the car? Also, what shows are they and how long do they run?

Thanks for any info guys!

GBO

Swain Event and RockyTopInsider. Swain is on 7-10am eastern, RTI is 1-3pm. Both also have podcasts which you can access via the free app...Swain in particular usually has all 3 hours up within a couple hours after his show ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm heading over to Knoxville tomorrow from Raleigh, as a stop on the way to Memphis Friday for an internship. I used to listen to Ainge and then Swain, but when they took Ainge off, I kind of lost interest. Regardless of what you thought of the quality of Ainge's show, what apps can I use to stream shows around the 10am-5pm block of time that I'll be in the car? Also, what shows are they and how long do they run?

GBO

Swain Event app...you can listen to that day's shows on podcast...it ends at the start of your timeframe...also Tony Basillio

99.1 sports animal.. they have an app, or you can use regular radio.

since its after 10.. you wont have to listen to the dumba** heather.

The rest of their shows are pretty decent

Reactions: 2 people

GBO

I'm like you, I really liked Ainge's show, he brought a unique perspective that you really don't get anywhere else. I listen to Swain daily now. It's a good show but I hope sometime Ainge will come back to radio or TV.

I only listem to Swain. Overall I like Tunein Radio better for live listening but with the Swain app you can podcast.

Last edited:
Except The Dave Hooker show

Any reason for this? I ask because Dave and I have podcast coming to Vols Radio on the VSporto network and believe he's fantastic. Hopefully you guys will reconsider as I will get a chance to be a regular contributor to his show on 1180, too, which will be airing from 11-2 starting on June 1st...

We will definitely be talking about Xs and Os type stuff like my article that came out today on Saturday Down South.

Film Study: Vols OC DeBord earning his keep with Dobbs improvement

I wanted to post this but I don't have enough posts to execute it. Any chance someone can post this if they like what they read?

Any reason for this? I ask because Dave and I have podcast coming to Vols Radio on the VSporto network and believe he's fantastic. Hopefully you guys will reconsider as I will get a chance to be a regular contributor to his show on 1180, too, which will be airing from 11-2 starting on June 1st...

We will definitely be talking about Xs and Os type stuff like my article that came out today on Saturday Down South.

I wanted to post this but I don't have enough posts to execute it. Any chance someone can post this if they like what they read?
I liked Dave when he was with TSR but that Tyler Wyatt guy has ruined the show. Good luck though man! I'll give it another try when you join. Hopefully you'll help push Dave back down the right path.

Also what's happening to RTI then?

I enjoyed Dave's show back when I lived in Knoxville 2 years ago. Cool article, I saw it in on multiple social media outlets today this being the third time, good luck to you.

I liked Dave when he was with TSR but that Tyler Wyatt guy has ruined the show. Good luck though man! I'll give it another try when you join. Hopefully you'll help push Dave back down the right path.

Lol SC Vol, what's wrong with Tyler? I thought he was always Dave's producer? I'll keep Dave on a good path on the podcast but my one little appearance per week won't change much on his radio show lol.

I enjoyed Dave's show back when I lived in Knoxville 2 years ago. Cool article, I saw it in on multiple social media outlets today this being the third time, good luck to you.

BB, I like Dave's show and that's being completely objective, he's a talented dude and is a good writer, too. I think he and I will have a good show. I appreciate the props on the article.

Also what's happening to RTI then?

Not quite sure about RTI. If Swain is before Dave and this show called 4qtrs is after....RTI is a good show, though. I'll find out as soon as I can about RTI. I wanted to write for them on the side at one point to crack the Vol market. They are doing great things.

Not quite sure about RTI. If Swain is before Dave and this show called 4qtrs is after....RTI is a good show, though. I'll find out as soon as I can about RTI. I wanted to write for them on the side at one point to crack the Vol market. They are doing great things.

Just wait it's about to be even better! RTI will soon be the place for local Vol news. Their setup already dwarfs anything TSR was doing imo. Stay tuned for a little Ainge from time to time. We were sponsors of Ainges show and are in talks with RTI and I am amazed at what they have and are still putting together!

Lol SC Vol, what's wrong with Tyler? I thought he was always Dave's producer? I'll keep Dave on a good path on the podcast but my one little appearance per week won't change much on his radio show lol.

Whenever I listen he gets something so wrong that all I can do is laugh and it just kind of ruins the show. Andrew Durango was dave's producer when he was on tsr. Sounds good though man and I'll give it another shot

Yeah really like what they do. Really smart guys who have some connections to the program and a good backing

Just wait it's about to be even better! RTI will soon be the place for local Vol news. Their setup already dwarfs anything TSR was doing imo. Stay tuned for a little Ainge from time to time. We were sponsors of Ainges show and are in talks with RTI and I am amazed at what they have and are still putting together!
Awesome to hear!

That's pretty cool. But I'm competitive as all get out and I want to see Dave's show get that shine. Throw that sponsorship Dave's way...

VN Store

Back