What if

SeahawkVOL94

I had a bad dream last night about the Vols and it really got me thinking. What if this season is nowhere near expectations?

Game 1: We start out ranked 24th and easily beat BG 51-13 1-0
Game 2: We are ranked 22nd and host 19th OK. We lose a heartbreaker due to our O-line late in the game. L 31-24 1-1
Game 3: 85,000 deflated fans watch us beat W Car 45-10 2-1
Game 4: Defensive matchup again. O-line still looks bad and makes entire offense stagnant. A few huge run plays by Florida and they sneak past us 21-17 2-2
Game 5: We are playing a ranked Arky. Middle linebacker and interior D-line gets slaughtered. L 38-24 2-3
Game 6: Georgia is also highly ranked. Chubb shows that he is a heisman contender and their D is still good. L 34-31
2-4
Game 7: Alabama is ranked in the top five and playing at home. L 28-27 2-5
Game 8: Finally get 1st Sec win on Haloween @KY W 45-21 3-5
Game 9: SC Offense goes off, spurrier retires after season. W 52-28 4-5
Game 10: W 55-6 vs N TX 5-5
Game 11: @Mizz. Our talent is finally superior. W 30-21 6-5
Game 12: W vs Vandy on Senior day 41-3 7-5
Peach Bowl vs #17 FSU close game but O-Line gets us beat L 38-34 7-6

How would you react? How would the fan base react? I completely believe this team could get to 9 wins and maybe ATL. I just think that this scenario may be just as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Lose all 6 games to the best 6 teams in our schedule? Not happy and all but certain Butch Jones is not the right guy to get us back to winning championships.

Reactions: 5 people
I guess you are making the assumption that we utilize only 1 QB? If use more than 1 QB 6-6 is more than likely and Jones would not feel the heat.

My feeling is that all of our eggs were put in Jones basket and he is not going anywhere for some time regardless of his record. He clearly understands SEC championships are won with a strong defensive line and he is assembling his now. Even if he isn't a game day coach he is loading the team with athletes via recruiting. Can't take any chances on hurting this effort for the next 2 years.

Butch Jones would not lose his job. He will still be here at least 2 years.............

I think he was referring to fan reaction, not Butch's job security. I agree with you, barring some major collapse or scandal, neither of which should be expected, Butch will be our coach at a minimum through 2016. Personally hope we begin to experience wild success beginning this year and he's here for a very long time to come.

You need to think of better things before you go to sleep...

Kate-Upton-at-2012-Vanity-Fair-Oscar-Party-at-Sunset-Tower-4.jpg

Reactions: 11 people
Every game was a heartbreaker except SCAR, so I'd be somewhat OK with it. Depends on how every game was lost.

Example: Hurd fumbling in the end zone
vs
Butch calling to punt when we need the lead

There would be TOTAL MELTDOWN on VOLNATION. They would want everyone fired including Butch's 1st grade teacher (whoever that person is).

For me it boils down to this:
If the O-line is improved from last year, Dobbs does not get hurt, and DeBord can call plays, then we have a shot at 9 wins.

I had a bad dream last night about the Vols and it really got me thinking. What if this season is nowhere near expectations?

Game 2: We are ranked 22nd and host 19th OK. We lose a heartbreaker due to our O-line late in the game. L 31-24 1-1
Game 4: Defensive matchup again. O-line still looks bad and makes entire offense stagnant. A few huge run plays by Florida and they sneak past us 21-17 2-2
Game 5: We are playing a ranked Arky. Middle linebacker and interior D-line gets slaughtered. L 38-24 2-3
Game 6: Georgia is also highly ranked. Chubb shows that he is a heisman contender and their D is still good. L 34-31
2-4

How would you react? How would the fan base react? I completely believe this team could get to 9 wins and maybe ATL. I just think that this scenario may be just as possible.
7-5 wont get you anywhere near the peach bowl anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I think he was referring to fan reaction, not Butch's job security. I agree with you, barring some major collapse or scandal, neither of which should be expected, Butch will be our coach at a minimum through 2016. Personally hope we begin to experience wild success beginning this year and he's here for a very long time to come.

You got a like for reading my mind.

2-4

Yep. Only logical explanation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 238
I dont want to even think what this board will be like if Florida beats us again, the entertainment reviews would be through the roof!

VN Store

Back