Dead Period Survival Guide

VolnJC

Thankfully the LadyVols making the WCWS gives Vol fans one more week before the dead period sets in until two-a-days start in August.

What are your guys plans for summer?

We are doing the beach thing for a week and I'm going to introduce my 7 year old to some real hiking and camping.

Some Staycation ideas:
Lowes and Home Depot both do biweekly or monthly free kids clinics..great for parents or grandparents
Lowe's Build & Grow next two are Ironman's jet and Captain America's motorcycle!
Free Weekly Workshops & Home Improvement Workshop*at The Home Depot

Drive-in movies: I know there was one in Maryville and another near Midtown in East Tennessee

Drive thru zoos.like Circle G Ranch CIRCLE G RANCH
Minor League Baseball..affordable option with more fun compared to MLB

Last edited:
I'd definitely like to catch a few Smokies games this summer.

Reactions: 2 people
Music, listen to lot's of music, both old and new, prior to football season and after as well....

I will keep reading Volnation and watching old games posted on Youtube. Other than that it will be the normal summer, jet skiing, beach vacation and lots of cold beer.

Keep writing to the NCAA presenting my case as to why a longer season is good for the student athletes... (well, good for me anyway)

Reactions: 3 people
I live in Illinois so my off season will consist of a beach vacation (coming up in 17 days!!) and then monitoring VolNation hourly for ANY bit of news I can get on spring/summer workouts and new Nike apparel. It's all I've got being all the way up here. Keep news coming!!!!!!!

There's always the unintentionally funny off-season threads that pop up. In a way, it's almost the best part of VM.

Live 3 miles from beaches near Clearwater FL so can do that everyday...go cycling on trail...swim at pool...go to gym to workout...attend various conferences around Florida for my part-time job...watch Tampa Bay Rays play...go to the Keys to dive...plan to hit mountains sometime this summer...get ready for football season.

Unfortunately (or fortunately . . . depending on how one looks at the situation), I am deployed right now and won't return to the States until the latter part of the football season.

This will keep me occupied / distracted over the next few months. Once the season starts, I'll survive on the updates and discussion on VolNation for my weekly UT "fix." My internet access will be spotty at best, but hopefully good enough to keep me sane.

Reactions: 6 people
Unfortunately (or fortunately . . . depending on how one looks at the situation), I am deployed right now and won't return to the States until the latter part of the football season.

This will keep me occupied / distracted over the next few months. Once the season starts, I'll survive on the updates and discussion on VolNation for my weekly UT "fix." My internet access will be spotty at best, but hopefully good enough to keep me sane.

Stay safe and make it home, that's the most important part.

Reactions: 1 person
Fish, work in the garden, get some relaxing in. Speaking of relaxing, Butch was in my neck of the woods (Norris Lake) yesterday cruising around on his pontoon boat. Not often he gets to relax.

Thanks for your service to our great nation!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back