Tennessee should have this technology ASAP

Certainly couldn't hurt. VR technology is the new big thing. It'll be everywhere soon. (Movies, Games, Apps, Facetime, Education, ETC...)

Army was using something like this about 5 years ago.

Army was using something based on this concept 35 years ago, in 1980.

My roommate was a linebacker on the Army team and took us by their (then) state-of-the-art "performance visualization" center. A bunch of chairs that looked like immersion pods, with built-in speakers and screens. I didn't get to sit down and "drive" one, and I'm sure it was really low-graphics compared to what current processors and graphics drivers can provide, but same idea: get athletes to visualize themselves going through the proper motions, actions, over and over again until it becomes "muscle memory" level ingrained.

Our skiiers used the same pods to memorize the courses they were competing on. I'm sure other sports were using them too, those are the two I knew of.

In short, this is nothing new. Just more powerfully "realistic" in its virtual reality.

Reactions: 1 person
I could tell you about the technology I am working on at work, but then i'd have to....well you know.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back