ESPN 2015 FPI preseason poll has TN at #14.

1standgoal

ESPN 2015 FPI preseason poll has TN at #14, with nine other SEC schools in the top 25.

That's roughly where I think we'll end 2015 (8-15 range), but holy carp, I didn't expect to see us there pre-season, on any poll/system.

Link?

Last edited:
Wow, I wanted to be in the Top 25 but didn't expect that. This is like the "Good Ole Days" feeling!

In B 4 people whining and freaking out about expectations being too high.

6371388.gif

ESPN hates us. They're only saying we're good so we will have a target on us, and our players won't worry about practicing, and so the fanbase will collectively kill itself when we don't live up to the lofty expectations!!!! /s

Reactions: 6 people
In B 4 people whining and freaking out about expectations being too high.

6371388.gif

ESPN hates us. They're only saying we're good so we will have a target on us, and our players won't worry about practicing, and so the fanbase will collectively kill itself when we don't live up to the lofty expectations!!!! /s

Man! I was coming in to freak out and whine about expectations being too high, but dammit, you got in b4 me!

:dance2:

Reactions: 1 person
sounds about right. I have us going 10-2 or 9-3 in the regular season. as long as we're not plauged with a higher than expected amount of injuries, this will be a very good football team. only one game on the schedule can be counted as a definitive L (at Alabama). we have a great chance of winning every other game. with most of the toughest opponents having to come to Neyland (Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Georgia) rather than us having to travel to their home (Florida and Missouri).

WE'RE BACK. Its our time again.

Reactions: 4 people
They just tweaked their ratings slightly since it was first published. No real meaningful changes.

Would set us up for an 8-4 or 9-3 season with Bama, Arkansas, and UGA being slightly better and OU being just one spot worse.

I'm not sure the offense will be #19 in the country, though. Think the defense will be top 10 and offense will be top 30.

Bring on the expectations... I think this group can handle them and actually prosper.

I hope they can but to this point neither the players or Coach's have shown they can. Hopefully it just took a little time for the players and that Butch has learned from last yrs mistakes. UF, Mizzou and Vandy were 3 hugely hyped games, especially UF and Mizzou and those didn't go well then Vandy because we needed it to get bowl eligible and we did everything possible to give the game to Vandy.Think that begins to change starting this year.

I think we will be a top 25 team when the season is over. 14 seems pretty high, but you never know.

We might be 14th in their ratings, but when you use them to calculate win totals it comes out to 8.6 regular season wins. Aren't most people saying they expect 8-9 wins this year? So this is about right IMO

There was a time when we would be irritated at being ranked 14th because it was too low. I, for one, am glad to see us there. Next year, preseason top 5. And yes, I drink the Koolaid.

Regarding these rankings, the following would seem to be a key component that perhaps some are overlooking.
FPI is an estimate of team strength – not a ranking of who will have the highest win total (which is dependent on schedule) and not who is most likely to make the College Football Playoff. Preseason FPI is calculated using three major components for each FBS team: prior years’ offense, defense and special teams efficiencies; returning starters and head coach information; and recruiting rankings.

Given our returning starters and recruiting rankings, it is easy to see why we would be ranked at least 14th in this poll. That does not, however, factor in our schedule at all.

Would set us up for an 8-4 or 9-3 season with Bama, Arkansas, and UGA being slightly better and OU being just one spot worse.

I'm not sure the offense will be #19 in the country, though. Think the defense will be top 10 and offense will be top 30.

With 3 of those 4 games at home.

FPI is an estimate of team strength – not a ranking of who will have the highest win total (which is dependent on schedule)

So FPI rank 14 & FPI 18.8, predicted Offense rank at 19th & predict Offense 7.8 and predicted Defense rank at 12th & predicted Defense 9.2.

I am officially corn-fused.

VN Store

Back